HDMI Adapter for Galaxy Tab2 10.1

Cor Dikland

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Got this adapter about 3 months ago, plugged it in my tablet, hdmi cable into TV and plugged the tablet into AC adapter. Worked like a charm. For next 2 - 3 weeks we watched PLEX videos each night while in bed. I then needed my tablet elsewhere and disconnected it from the adapter.

Recently, I hooked it up again but now all the videos, regardless of the player, stutter (imagine watching a video at say 4-5 fps) making them impossible to watch. I tried new hdmi cable and/or connecting the adapter/tablet to another TV in the house with the same dismal results. Then I noticed something strange.

When I touched the screen while a video was playing the player control bar (i.e pause/play buttons) would pop up AND the video went perfectly smooth (audio that was out of synch went back in synch) until the control disappeared off the screen.

As well, simply unplugging the HDMI cable and restarting the video will also eliminate the stuttering.

To sum up, video only stutter when in "full screen" AND the HDMI cable is plugged into the TV.

Sometime between when I disconnected the adapter the 1st time and the present something changed on my tablet. I have no idea what this may be.

Any1 have any idea why these videos would stutter in "full screen" mode but play perfectly well with the control bar visible??

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't think ANY HDMI cables will work with the Tab 2 10.1 yet. I've read online several places that people who bought the cable for the orig. Tab 10.1 tablets discovered that they don't work with the version 2 10.1 tablets. I think Samsung's own website refers to this issue as well. Hopefully this need will be addressed in the future by some company, but based on the slow way the Tab 2 10.1 devices are selling, I doubt if it will be anytime soon. BTW, if you actually ever find one that works, PLEASE let me know, too! --barnkeeper

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't think ANY HDMI cables will work with the Tab 2 10.1 yet. I've read online several places that people who bought the cable for the orig. Tab 10.1 tablets discovered that they don't work with the version 2 10.1 tablets. I think Samsung's own website refers to this issue as well. Hopefully this need will be addressed in the future by some company, but based on the slow way the Tab 2 10.1 devices are selling, I doubt if it will be anytime soon. BTW, if you actually ever find one that works, PLEASE let me know, too! --barnkeeper

If you are the lucky owner of a P5113 (usa) model you will have HDMI output at the connector.

May 29, 2013
Visit site
If you are the lucky owner of a P5113 (usa) model you will have HDMI output at the connector. Would you please explain what you mean by "output at the connector? Thank you.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
It means you can connect the P5113s directly to a tv with HDMI input plug using a Samsung proprietary cable and play videos or streaming directly using the cable

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for explaining the term. I have read that Samsung's cable does NOT work with the Tab 2 10.1 model P5113. If you have a moment, would you decipher this conversation, please, which talks about this issue? I'm not sure if anybody has actually used a cable with the model 5113. SEE:
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-2-10-1/631459-samsung-p5110-tv-out-cable.html

I really need a way to access the computer's broadcast capabilities with my model Tab 2 10.1 model 5113 tablet. Any help you offer will be most appreciated.
Barnkeeper

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for explaining the term. I have read that Samsung's cable does NOT work with the Tab 2 10.1 model P5113. If you have a moment, would you decipher this conversation, please, which talks about this issue? I'm not sure if anybody has actually used a cable with the model 5113. SEE:
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-2-10-1/631459-samsung-p5110-tv-out-cable.html

I really need a way to access the computer's broadcast capabilities with my model Tab 2 10.1 model 5113 tablet. Any help you offer will be most appreciated.
Barnkeeper

Here is the most comprehensive discussion on HDMI and the P51XX series hdmi and Galaxy tab 2 10.1 - The Galaxy Tab Forum

Hope this helps you

SG Tab 2 user

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok here is what I have....
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113TSYXAR Running Android 4.2.2
Samsung EPL-3PHPBEGSTA HDTV Adapter
Any HDMI Cable
Power supply that came with Tab

Plug the factory 30 pin power supply cable into the HDTV adapter, then plug the HDMI cable into the HDTV Adapter. One you do that plug the HDMI cable into a HDMI port on your tv. Then plug the30 pin HDTV adapter into the port at the bottom of your tab.

On your tv select the HDMI port you plugged into in the input options

2zyeols.jpg

6nuxr6.jpg

You should now see the Tab's display on the TV.

The Stream to your TV should be 1080P

21dn0o7.jpg

You can stream movies saved on your Tab, stream Netflix, Hulu Plus, TV portals movies and TV shows, basically anything you watch on the Tab will stream to your TV.
You may notice that the stream doesn't fill the entire screen of bigger tv's, Thats normal (mine are cut off about 1.5 inches on the sides).

subteach55

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I just bought Google Chromecast at Staples, and came home to be disappointed in it's functioning. Read reviews on line and returned the unit. I also spoke with Samsung tonight and they told me for the Galaxy 2 10.1 inch GTP5113, HDMI EPL3PHBEGXAR is what it will take. I realize your posts are a little old, perhaps Samsung did their homework. However, the cord is $109 on Amazon and too much money for me at this time. Hope this will help you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy