Bought a different charger now my tablet is taking to long to charge

Valeria Vargas

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I bought myself a Samsung Galaxy tab 2 10.1 but it didn't come with a charger.
I have been charging it with the charger from my tab 2 7.0, but now that I sold it I bought a different charger for my 10.1 and now its taking long to charge is it because its not Samsung or because the volts don't configure the capacity of my table?... I don't know what to do and the place were I bought the charger wont give me the money back... only an exchange..

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Buy one made for your tablet?

- - - Updated - - -

It's probably the voltage or maybe it's a defective charger

Valeria Vargas

May 2, 2013
Visit site
yeah I was thinking about that...
I borrowed my friends charger because we have the same one and it charged faster.
Im thinking that its both the charger and voltage..

Camilo

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Yea, just look at the tiny print on the charger - it's the amps (or mili-amps, mA) that you're looking at, not volts they will all have the same voltage output. Just remember that 1000mA = 1 amp, etc. Sometimes it's in amps, sometimes in mA.

Almost any charger will work, but the lower mA ones will just charge slower, as you found out. Sometimes the slowness is not a big deal, sometimes it is. For me, it really doesn't matter because I almost always charge over night, so I just use any generic USB-type charger I have in the house.

Find out what mA an OEM charger has and just find any generic charger that matches that or gets close. I.E. if the OEM charger is 2 amps (2000 mA), 1.8 amps (1800 mA) will probably be satisfactory, probably even 1.5 amps. It's all a matter of what you need.

I certainly wouldn't bother buying a "brand name" charger if a similar generic, $5 is available.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I bought myself a Samsung Galaxy tab 2 10.1 but it didn't come with a charger.
I have been charging it with the charger from my tab 2 7.0, but now that I sold it I bought a different charger for my 10.1 and now its taking long to charge is it because its not Samsung or because the volts don't configure the capacity of my table?... I don't know what to do and the place were I bought the charger wont give me the money back... only an exchange..

It's about the current

suebee3196

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy 3 tablet and it takes FOREVER to charge even with the charger that came with it. It was down to about 30% this morning, and It just finished charging about 3.5 hours later! I will try powering it completely off before charging next time to see if that makes a difference.:-\

PhukYea

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, I just got a Galaxy 3 Tablet w/o a charger and have about a zillion old phone chargers laying around that are .55 & .7 amps and they barely turned the tablet on after an hour of charging. The good news: I live close to a Value Village that have a bucket load of chargers. So thanks for letting me know to look for a 2 amp.;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci