split keyboard

Maggie Avila

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi, i was wondering if someone knows how to split the keyboard of my tablet? specially when i want to write quickly it is better for me to have a keyboard split in 2 (next to each side)..in that way i could write with my thumbs and holding the tablet simultaneously...thank you

Posted via Android Central App

Slaytor Z

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
1. Bring up the keyboard
2. Press the button that looks like a keyboard (next to or near-ish the space-bar)
3. You'll get lots of options; regular keyboard, S-pen, voice and split keyboard
4. Press split keyboard
5. :D

I hope this works, I don't actually own any samsung products, but I've done this in shops.

Maggie Avila

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
thank you but doesnt work :(..i dont know why but when i press the botton you told me (in the right of space), it appears me the screenshots that i did before, i dont know why...by the way, it should be fantastic if this app generates an alert when someone answer your questions, otherwise you had to keep on checking..

Posted via Android Central App

Slaytor Z

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Update - Press and hold the microphone icon. It should bring up a list of keyboard options, and split keyboard should be among them.

If it doesn't work, could you please post a screenshot?

Laurie K

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I just had the same problem. I put my fingers on each keyboard and attempted to pull them together, just the opposite of spreading my fingers on a pic to enlarge it. When I did this, the options for the keyboard came up and I chose qwerty and fixed it. Good luck I hope this works for you.

epineda012

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Note 8 and I have this option. Now I bought a Galaxy S6 Edge plus and I can't find the option to split the keyboard. It will be very helpful when I write with the screen rotated. Does anyone know how to do this for the edge plus?

Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy