why do I keep getting "incorrect password" wifi message

iSuffer

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
Solution follows...
I just had the same problem. My printer could suddenly not connect to my WiFi due to wrong password. But my other devices connected just fine.
I just realized that an alien WiFi showed up around her, with the exact same SSID. That made my printer trying to logon to THAT network which obviously had a different password. But these two networks did not show up in the list as two different networks.

The solution was to change my SSID, and hey - two days of intense troubleshooting solved in a second!! :)
It did just not occur to me that there could be another router using the same name!! I found out by coincidence.
Hope this can be the solution for others also!

Mike Vinny Roma

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
When I try to enter security key it keeps saying "incorrect password"
I'm entering the key from bottom of router, same one my laptops (3) and Nooks (2) display in "properties" and work fine with.
I was not using the Tab 2 for a couple months and got a new router recently.
After charging the Tab up, I tried to connect to new router, but keep getting "incorrect password" error.
I did a factory reset and still get same message. I transferred some pics via Bluetooth to a laptop before the reset and paired with the same laptop after reset with no problem.
model gt-p5113
android version4.1.1
build number jro03c.p5113ueclk7

So I know it's been a while and the problem is probably solved, but I recently had the same problem and found this thread so I'm writing this message for those in the future who may encounter this problem.

The same things happened, my password changed for the wifi but my phone kept using the old password no matter how many times I "forgot" the wifi. I tried all the proposed solutions in this thread (except the factory reset) and none of them worked.

So, I started fiddling with the wifi settings and I ended up changing the encryption type by mistake AND IT PROMPTED ME FOR A NEW PASSWORD AND USERNAME. I was overjoyed when saw this and it worked for me.

The encryption type (EAP) I used PEAP (it might not be that for you guys, but give it a try) If PEAP doesn't work, try googling what type of encryption your company uses.

Hope this was helpful,
Mike.

Sarah Blakey

Aug 6, 2020
Visit site
I have started getting this message after I installed the recent update. I have had this phone for over six months and it has worked fine with my wifi until now. The firmware is up to date I just updated it but it still kicks me out of the wifi saying incorrect password. This wasn't happening until I installed the update on August 4th. I have restarted my phone, completed a hard restart, wiped cache, started in safe mode, forgotten network and several other suggestions. Still intermittently this annoying issue continues.
Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800