Hi guys,

My device(P5100) started for the second time with its damn boot loop.
    It boots and a few minutes after I have unlocked the device it boots again!
    So I decided to do a Factory Reset, but for my surprise, after performing the "Factory Reset" nothing is changed!

Right after the "Factory Reset" the device is restarted and after I have unlocked it I can see my wallpaper and stuff and then... of course...
    It boots again and again and again.

I'm tired of looking for a solution for the boot loop, so this time I only hope you guys would help me to find out why the Factory Reset doesn't work!
    So, any advise to help me perform the Factory Reset will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
    04-16-2015 11:05 AM
    Welcome to the forums!
    Sounds like your tablet might have a broken/stuck power button. I had a similar issue on my GS4 a few months ago. Nothing I did to the software changed it, so I had to send it in for repair. It seems to me like that is your only option here, unfortunately
    Nevitones likes this.
    04-16-2015 11:15 AM
    Hi UJ95x,
    Thanks for your prompt response!

Do you think its possible even if the power button seems to be working properly?

I mean, when I push it the device turns the screen on or off normally and I can even access the download/recovery modes using the power button.

***Actually, the only think that I have noticed is that I have to push the power button a little bit harder than when I bought.
    04-16-2015 12:52 PM
    Hi UJ95x,
    Thanks for your prompt response!

Do you think its possible even if the power button seems to be working properly?

I mean, when I push it the device turns the screen on or off normally and I can even access the download/recovery modes using the power button.

***Actually, the only think that I have noticed is that I have to push the power button a little bit harder than when I bought.
    Well for me it started out like that. It would only reboot occasionally. But after a few weeks it would reboot every time I pressed the power button, at which point I had to find a way to avoid using it. So I just ended up sending it in for repair

Do you have insurance or know if you're still under warranty?
    04-16-2015 01:37 PM
    That "push the power button a little harder" could mean that it's working sometimes and not others, but if the screen comes on every time you push the button, it's probably not the cause of the problem.

Factory reset doesn't actually restore the phone to out of the box condition, all it does is delete all personal information and downloaded apps. If there's corruption in the firmware, it won't fix it. See our [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN guide, and try flashing the stock ROM to it again. (That will do the same as a factory reset to your stuff, so back everything up first - see Backing up an Android Phone.)
    Nevitones likes this.
    04-16-2015 01:39 PM
    UJ95x,
    It's not under warranty anymore!
    04-16-2015 04:16 PM
    Yes Rukbat
    the screen comes on every time I push the button!

So, maybe the firmware is corrupted, since the factory reset doesn't change anything on the device.

Do you think this boot loop would be caused by a corrupted firmware?

And

There is anyway to backup a non rooted device even if it is in a boot loop?

Thanks a lot Rukbat!
    04-16-2015 04:24 PM
    If you can get to a recovery screen, see Recovering files via adb. And yes, bootloops are just about always caused by something wrong in the firmware. (A shorted power switch, or a short in that circuit, is about the only hardware cause.)
    Nevitones and UJ95x like this.
    04-16-2015 04:39 PM
    THANKS A BUNCH Rukbat!

I'll try the backup and the flash stock rom links!
    04-16-2015 04:45 PM
    Iam facing the same problem how did you come out of this?
    08-18-2015 02:33 PM