REVELATION * * * Fixed Boot Issues * * *

w4phle_stomp

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
First-time tablet owner:
I recently bought a cheap "not working, as is, was stuck on battery logo, now it won't boot" Tab 2 10.1 from Ebay to experiment with, having read numerous posts of innumerable people having the same / similar boot issues.
So, even though I've never touched Android before, I just had to check it out for myself.

• When I got the device, it turned on and it stuck at the battery logo for the first 1/2 dozen attempts. Then, nothing after that.
  • I searched for answers on forums offering variations on using volume - / + and the power button. No change, nothing happened.
  • Several posts mentioned of removing the battery. This seemed logical as I considered it may have been due to residual power remaining in a capacitor on the board, holding it in a certain state. I took it apart.
  • I removed the battery and waited a minute. held down the Vol - and power and it worked, I got the recovery screen.
  • Recovery options led me to verification errors - due to a screwed up rooting, not relevant / important right now.
  • Device stuck in off again, wouldn't respond at all now.
  • I grabbed my handy Fluke and checked for DC across the pos & neg pins (2 x pos & 2 times neg) and I was amazed when I found there was still around 0.3+V remaining which didn't immediately drain with the meter on it.
  • I rigged up a resistor with 18Ga. wire for longer legs and connected to the pos & neg pins to act as a load, checking every min. It took almost an hour to drain it down to 0.001V with practically 0A.
  • Again, I held the vol - & power button, then connected the battery conector ET VOILA!!, "HUSTON, WE HAVE LIFTOFF!!"
  • Back to the recovery options, and did an ADB sideload from my handy XP I keep around for occasions just like this. Success!! - Slimrom image installed and up and running a minute later.
So, my theory is this:
On these Samsung units which get stuck on battery logo, get stuck in a boot loop, or get stuck on the Samsung logo, I feel there's a residual charge which is hampering the device's ability to properly reset - in my mind I see a picture like a NPN, which is stuck in an open state.

Give it a try peeps, but really let the voltage drain off - for a couple of hours to ensure it's fully drained - And maybe, juussstttt maybe you'll also be able to turn your funky paper-weight into a snazzy little repaired & resalable beer-money earner - share the knowledge!!.

I didn't take any pics at the time, but I'll rip it apart again and mock up the pics to demonstrate the process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781