re on screen keybord

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I just got a bluetooth keyboard for my Samsung Galaxy tab 2-10.1 Lets say I am going to type an email in Gmail. How do I stop the virtual onscreen keyboard from popping up when the bluetooth keyboard is connected?

Steve kc7byp

Vishavjeet Singh

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
It is simple to remove on-screen keyboard when you have Bluetooth keyboard.

To remove on-screen keyboard, follow 5 simple steps.

Go to "Settings"
Select "Language and Input"
Select "Default Samsung keyboard" under "Keyboards and input methods" section
Turn off "Use on-screen keyboard"
push "Setup input methods" button

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Vishavieet under the "settings > Language and Input" there is no way to turn off the on screen keyboard. But I found an other way online. That with a rooted tablet I could go into the system > app dir and copy the following 2 files to my SD card "SamsungIME.app" and "SamsungIME.odex". Then del the 2 files in the system > app dir. Then I would not be bothered by the on screen keyboard and I could use my Bluetooth keyboard. That part worked like a charm. Then the charging port on the Bluetooth keyboard got cracked and I can't charge the keyboard anymore. So I went to were I had stored the 2 files for the on screen keyboard on my SD card and copied the 2 files back to the system > app dir then restarted the tablet. the on screen keyboard is not coming upon request (like tryng to send a sms). The rest of the tablet is fine. I borrowed an other bluethooth keyboard and the tablet is still stuck, connected to and using the bluetooth keyboard. How do I fix this?

It is simple to remove on-screen keyboard when you have Bluetooth keyboard.

To remove on-screen keyboard, follow 5 simple steps.

Go to "Settings"
Select "Language and Input"
Select "Default Samsung keyboard" under "Keyboards and input methods" section
Turn off "Use on-screen keyboard"
push "Setup input methods" button