Confused: Flash Player

moteachr

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
OK. So I got my Tab 2 7.0 a couple weeks ago. I love it. Everything I read says it has Flash. Coming from an iPad, I'm thrilled. But I notice I didn't have the app with the Flash logo on it in my apps that came with it. So I downloaded it from the app store. Everything seems to run fine. Then I get hulu +. Can't stream their stuff at all. Really nice customer service guys are still working with me on that--but in one of their emails, asked me if YouTube was working. I checked it, and yep, it was going fine. I thought that a strange question, so went researching. Seems YouTube is already using a bit of HTML5. That somehow led me to the Adobe "supported devices" list for FLash--which my 7.0 and my sister's 10.1 are the only Galaxy Tab2 tablets not listed.

So: Can anyone tell me if I really do have Flash pre-installed, and if I do, why can't I see it listed anywhere? My picture on the NBC Olympics site is horrid, once I uninstalled the app last night. Everything else runs okay--can even get a bit of hulu+ here and there. Should I install the Google store app again?

Thanks for helping this Android newbie. :)

BJ :-\

JFetch

May 26, 2010
Visit site
You have to download Flash from the Play Store, and then you can use it with the default Android browser. The mobile version of Chrome does not support Flash.

Reactions: moteachr

SonicJoe

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
OK. So I got my Tab 2 7.0 a couple weeks ago. I love it. Everything I read says it has Flash. Coming from an iPad, I'm thrilled. But I notice I didn't have the app with the Flash logo on it in my apps that came with it. So I downloaded it from the app store. Everything seems to run fine. Then I get hulu +. Can't stream their stuff at all. Really nice customer service guys are still working with me on that--but in one of their emails, asked me if YouTube was working. I checked it, and yep, it was going fine. I thought that a strange question, so went researching. Seems YouTube is already using a bit of HTML5. That somehow led me to the Adobe "supported devices" list for FLash--which my 7.0 and my sister's 10.1 are the only Galaxy Tab2 tablets not listed.

So: Can anyone tell me if I really do have Flash pre-installed, and if I do, why can't I see it listed anywhere? My picture on the NBC Olympics site is horrid, once I uninstalled the app last night. Everything else runs okay--can even get a bit of hulu+ here and there. Should I install the Google store app again?

Thanks for helping this Android newbie. :)

BJ :-\

Hulu blocks Android browser from viewing their site. You have to download the Hulu + app from the market. Other than that, flash does not need to be pre-installed. But Flash is horribly inefficient, and can be hit or miss on some sites. This is why Adobe is ending flash support for all mobile devices soon.

moteachr

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your help. I am trying to use Hulu+ through their app. The ads play. I can get a few minutes of a video and then it goes into unending buffering. Netflix and YouTube do not do this.

So because my Tab 2 7.0 is on Adobe's "not supported device list" should I uninstall the Flash app I got from the Play store? Or leave it on for those places on the Internet I run into that need it?

:confused:

monsterman83

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Flash Player needs to be downloaded form the play store. DO THIS SOON. I believe on August 15th the ability to download Flash will be gone from the play store, as that is when its End Of Life cycle comes into effect. You can not use Flash in Google Chrome. You have to use the default browser or try Dolphin Browser HD. Also note when we get the update to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean you will lose Flash if you currently have it. I do not plan on upgrading to 4.1 for this reason. There are a lot of sites that still rely on Flash and I for one want to still be able to have access to them. I do not use Hulu so as far as why it does not play correctly I can not say.. NBC Olympics app works 100% spot on for me. I have seen a lot of reviews saying it does not work well but for me it works just as well as Netflix or HBOGo....smooth and clear! It also plays fine on my Galaxy Nexus. (on 3G it stutters a tiny bit).

dlbsyst

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Hulu+ worked fine with Android 4.0.3. After the latest 4.0.4 update it isn't working. I have yet to find a solution to the problem. Anyone know how to fix it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173