Lost clipboard/copy/paste

erniel

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't know when it happened but it did. Maybe after the ics update or after innstalling games.

If i try to copy and paste or access the clipboard nothing happens. I tried resatering several times still no luck

dolphinschick

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Just got a brand new one and clipboard worked for 1 day then quit. Currently searching for answers and will update you with my results. If you're trying to copy, a quick fix I've found in the meantime is click on the triangle and just emailing or texting it to myself.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't know when it happened but it did. Maybe after the ics update or after innstalling games.

If i try to copy and paste or access the clipboard nothing happens. I tried resatering several times still no luck

Just got a brand new one and clipboard worked for 1 day then quit. Currently searching for answers and will update you with my results. If you're trying to copy, a quick fix I've found in the meantime is click on the triangle and just emailing or texting it to myself.

this same crap is happening to me now

erniel

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I a lot of thing but no fix for that corrupted clipboard. I finally fixed mine by doing a factory reset.

And since i was gonna delete all anyway might ad well try JELLYBEAN update. I did for a week and all i can say is i'm back on ICS now.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
it is crap like this that makes me strongly consider iphone...i bet you random crap like this doesn't happen with them

erniel

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
@#$$/^^&%!!! it happened again. I lost my clipboard thus no copy paste. Grrrrr i hate to do a factory reset again :( samsung not doing anything not even an update fot the tab2.

It seems like they are busy with making new models to sell and can not be bothered with support....

Bunnyfuzz

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi, using tablet with ICS and suddenly lost copy/paste function. Solved it by installing Chrome browser. After used copy/paste in Chrome, it works again with regular browser. You can get Chrome as well as clipboard managers free on Playstore. Hope this helps someone not to have the pain of resetting to factory.

banistersmind

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi, using tablet with ICS and suddenly lost copy/paste function. Solved it by installing Chrome browser. After used copy/paste in Chrome, it works again with regular browser. You can get Chrome as well as clipboard managers free on Playstore. Hope this helps someone not to have the pain of resetting to factory.

I've begun running into problems with Copy/Paste on my own SGS3 & though I can copy/paste from within Chrome, I can't copy/paste from chrome to an external app.

Anybody got any new information on this?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

AnciusD

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
It's been a while and I don't have my tablet with me at the moment. If I recall correctly, the problem is a bug with the clipboard. It get filled and you can't cut and paste anymore. What you have to do is open the clipboard and delete what's in there. Screenshots are also stored there. Obviously, they fill up your clipboard faster than just plain text.

Edit: looked up an old post, this is if cut and paste causes your tablet to reboot. Sounds like you might have a different problem. But you might try it anyway.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech