GT2 won't power up

leprechaunshawn

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
So, I bought my first tablet yesterday and since I posted in this forum it was obviously a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

I fully charged it before turning it on. Once powered up, I signed into my Samsung Account (I also have a Galaxy S3) and my Google account. The GT2 started downloading all the apps associated with my Google account, this was kind of nice since it was simple to remove the apps I don?t need on my tablet like the Swiftkey keyboard for my phone, Shazam and a few others. After I removed the apps I didn?t want on the tablet, I downloaded Lookout Mobile Security and the Swiftkey keyboard for tablets.

At this point, what I described above is literally all I had done to the tablet. Then the screen locked up, shut off and now I cannot even power it up. I tried a few methods that I found online to restart, such as holding the power button and volume down button for 10 seconds then releasing the volume down button while continuing to hold the power button for 10 more seconds. I?ve also tried simply holding the power button for up to 30 seconds. Nothing is working.

Has anybody experienced this problem and if so, how did you fix it? Since I bought it yesterday, I guess I could always exchange it at Best Buy but since I?ve already logged into my Samsung and Google accounts on the device, I?d be a little worried about my personal information that may be on the device.

If you have any advice, thank you in advance.

melog69

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The only advice I can give is to take it back to the store and have them give you a new one, this might be a defective unit

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12