JB download in US now

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
The update is a great performance improver. Games load much faster, and the screen response seems to be better. I really do miss the screenshot button, and the back and home buttons should be on the side for tablets. After the screenshot feature went missing, I have definitely decided to go ahead and root. I am having some troubles with it, but hopefully my help post will solve that soon. If anyone thinks they can help, please check out my help post in the general help and how to. I cant post a link because my tab locks up whenever I copy and paste.

miscrap

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the screenshot thing too. I installed the Swype Beta. Once you are used to it, it is very hard to live without.

I don't believe so or at least not without rooting.

Try Keymonk, similar to Swype. I believe you can do screenshots by holding power and vol down buttons.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I checked for updates via the tab last night, and saw none, so I did the Kies update and it ran smoothly.

I want the latest version or I feel like I am behind the times, but frankly, I am starting to see Android version changes as real yawn-fests... A few elements have changed locations, and landscape mode shifts apps around, unlike the earlier Samsung launcher. I may be switching launchers now, but I see button locations and launcher configs as more personal preference than an OS deal breaker.

I spent about 2 minutes looking at Google Now, and can't believe that some saw that as a reason to avoid any device without JB... I will play with it more to try to find out what I might be missing.... maybe I need to spend some time with it to make it a part of my life.

thechidz

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
it's complete BULL squat that verizon screws over it's customers so much :( We will probably never see JB on our tab 2 7.0 LTE's

thechidz

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to customize the buttons at the bottom? The ones where home, back, etc. are?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

when I bought my mom a wifi tab 2 7.0 I was setting it up and there was a way to customize the far right icon at least. I changed her's from screenshot to camera app I think. Now that I have my verizon version of tab 2 7.0 I can't find the option in settings. They may have removed it in an update :/

guero903

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Have the new update for my 7 inch samsung tablet. Hate it!!!!!! Lost my widgets, screen poorly formatted, lots of icon apps added I had delete before. My 10 inch is ok, but not the 7. Now I have to spend my time to customize again. Hope they will return to previous format, the idiots.

guero903

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I just got the new update and hate it on my 7 inch tab. Lost widgets, poor screen format, redid all my app icons, and lots of other crap. It sucks. Now I have to spend my time to customize all over again. Let ssamaung know if you do not like it. I did.

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Frankly, my GT2-7 works JUST FINE the way it came out of the box. Over a number of years, I have learned the hard way that updates have a tendency to ruin things, and/or do away with features I have been very happy with. I sure have no plans to update anything right now, until I hear more tales of woe enough to keep me from EVER updating. :cool:

sputs40

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the screenshot thing too. I installed the Swype Beta. Once you are used to it, it is very hard to live without. To do a screen shot hold power button and vol down at same time for about a sec

I don't believe so or at least not without rooting.

sputs40

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
To do screen shot hold power button and vol down at same time for about 1 sec. You will see the screen flash at the sides . Job done

wsti

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
my screenshot button never went away.

2r78pck.png

try this:
Settings -> Display -> Quick Launch -> Screen Capture

Last edited:

gyoung345

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
my screenshot button never went away.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2r78pck.png

try this:
Settings -> Display -> Quick Launch -> Screen Capture
Is that Jelly Bean on the Tab2? If so, is it the 10" or the 7" version? Can we see the version screenshot? How come your navigation buttons are left justified at the bottom and your notification bar is on the bottom right? The jelly bean screenshot seems to indicate that is JB, but the navigation buttons and notification bar both moved in JB (navigation centered on the bottom and notification moved to the top, part of Google's Phablet innovation).

wsti

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Is that Jelly Bean on the Tab2? If so, is it the 10" or the 7" version? Can we see the version screenshot? How come your navigation buttons are left justified at the bottom and your notification bar is on the bottom right? The jelly bean screenshot seems to indicate that is JB, but the navigation buttons and notification bar both moved in JB (navigation centered on the bottom and notification moved to the top, part of Google's Phablet innovation).

i had no idea it did that, mine just stayed the same as you can see. and i have a tab 2 10"

awxhu8.png

Dark SSide

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I thought we were getting a multiple user function with this update. If so how do I access it?

Thank you in advance.

Galaxy S III, Galaxy tab II 10.1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox