Why I HATE the 4.1.1 upgrade!

solar ken

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
The upgrade made a mess of my wife's Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 screens. It did not screw up the screens on my 10.1 tab. BUT, as someone else has noticed the sound mute now only works on notifications and not on media volume. So if I'm viewing a video (YouTube, etc.) and I don't want sound I must lower the volume completely rather than simply click on the "mute" soft key. How thoughtless of the programmers. I don't see much that I could call "improvements". I don't notice my tablet being any "faster". Wish I could downgrade back to ICS operating system.

lakland

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The upgrade made a mess of my wife's Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 screens. It did not screw up the screens on my 10.1 tab. BUT, as someone else has noticed the sound mute now only works on notifications and not on media volume. So if I'm viewing a video (YouTube, etc.) and I don't want sound I must lower the volume completely rather than simply click on the "mute" soft key. How thoughtless of the programmers. I don't see much that I could call "improvements". I don't notice my tablet being any "faster". Wish I could downgrade back to ICS operating system.

I was on jb4.1.1. I down grade to ICS 4.0.4. Very easy.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2007876

Follow that thread. I am very happy with my ICS now :sly:

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk HD

rstaten8

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Everything I've had that is powered by android from my htc evo shift and design 4 g to both my lenovo tablets is arbage the system gets over loaded as soon as u load your second app everything starts freezing your touch sxreen stops working there is nothing about android that beats apple I will never use anything powered by android again they garbage

lakland

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Everything I've had that is powered by android from my htc evo shift and design 4 g to both my lenovo tablets is arbage the system gets over loaded as soon as u load your second app everything starts freezing your touch sxreen stops working there is nothing about android that beats apple I will never use anything powered by android again they garbage

Troll

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk HD

Caboramer

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
l have a Samsung Galaxy tab2 10.1, did the upgrade from ICS, to Jellybean and found it awesome it didn't alter any of my personal settings, I love the video on the screen option, and it even seems speedier.
my daughter has the the tab2 7.0, and I will not upgrade hers yet, as It appears the problems are mainly with the 7 inch models.
as far as speed, etc.. they are both awesome, Ive never had problems with any Samsung Devices., if you want Android, definitely
stick to Samsung, (INSTEAD of the other Brands especially the ones that only come with 512 ram or less, and have very little flash storage, not to mention the cheap battieries that dont last). and you will have a Stable and very Enjoyable Experience. I have seen and tried other brands and they are Terrible, my sister and father had 2 different no-name brands and they were Extremely laggy, un responsive, low battery life like less than an hour and the list as long, finally on my advice she tossed it in the garbage
and bought a Samsung galaxy tab2, and loves it.

z1zz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
The volume levels have drastically reduced
Have tried a variety of volume boosters
But to no avail

Before the update every syllable of the serials I used to watch were audible
Now you have to struggle to make out what is being said

How can I switch back?

ron_norlinda

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
and i hate when i dont know how and where to printscreen.. before, it was easily save any pic,document but after updating the jellybean, it worst..

DJxDARIENx

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what bugs you guys are having with the mute but Mine works fine...? Fine will stop everything until I click it or turn up my volume. I haven't done anything to my tablet since JB and I love it more than the ICS update. I have maybe one complaint and that's that it might no see 4
2.2 because of the tab 3s releases or we won't get them till next year but that's not big and thasba Samsung issue. Whatever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac