Problems reading magazines with the NOOK application?

Flashfox

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I migrated to this SGT2.0 7" from my ASUS TF300T and I have noticed something odd with the NOOK application. Essentially, I can read downloaded magazines (like National Geographic) in tabloid mode but the page stays dark in portrait mode. This was not the case using the TF300T. The oddity is that the NOOK application did not exhibit this behavior a couple of weeks ago.

Any ideas?

Eric Thalken

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing. In portrait mode, when the black is visible, if you touch the screen to bring up the page view, wait a moment, then touch again to just view the page, the proper image appears. The problem seemed to begin after the update to 4.1.1. I rooted and flashed a jellybean rom, and it still occurs as such.
My thoughts are that the nook app hasnt quite been tweaked enough for JellyBean. I didn't even think about trying to read the magazines in landscape mode. Now I can at least read it :-D thanks
Hope it gets solved soon

Flashfox

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
It is annoying and it wasn't happening when I first got the SGT2 7" nor does it happen with my ASUS TF300T. Now I do tap the screen and the image appears... after many seconds. This makes scrolling pages ridiculously impractical. This being said, like you, I hope it gets addressed and resolved soon ;-(

BTW, The NOOK app works great on my TF300T w/JB 4.2, but that tablet uses the nVidia chipset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX