Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

msmarty

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
hello everyone
sorry about this as i'm very new to the tablet thing,
I bought a sd card reader which goes into bottom of the tab 2 ,same place as charger.
when i inserted a sd card nothing happens on the tab.
I would like to move photos from my camera sd card straight to the tab ,as when on holiday i might not always have access to a computer.
Is this possible?
The man in car phone warehouse told me it is, but i need an app and he didn't know which one.
can anyone help please
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0

Use an App like MYFILES or FILEXPERT to copy from your tablet to the external SD card. These apps work something like Windows Explorer.

When you start a new thread it is good to be more descriptive in your title "Help moving files to external sd card"

msmarty

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

thankyou very much for the reply. I see you've written that i can copy files from the tablet to the external sd card with the apps you mentioned , but can i copy files from the external sd card to the tablet?
thanks for the help
martin

pihutch

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site

thankyou very much for the reply. I see you've written that i can copy files from the tablet to the external sd card with the apps you mentioned , but can i copy files from the external sd card to the tablet?
thanks for the help
martin

You can move files both ways with a file explorer. Your tablet should have come with one installed, but you can probably find more intuitive options in a third party app.

msmarty

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

ok thanks for the help. just off to work. i'll try the apps that extraclass mentioned and see if that does the trick. I think i found the file explorer that is built in to the samsung galaxy tab2, but it didn't pick anything up when i put the card reader in and a sd card into that.
thanks
martin

msmarty

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

i'm not sure if anyone has read my question properly.
I want to ( if possible) transfer photo images from an sd card taken on my camera , to the samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0, via a card reader i bought which fits into the slot at the bottom of the tab. (charging slot). can anyone advise please. I've been to various shops where i live and no one seems to know the answer. I would have thought this would be an obvious requirement so you can view photos with friends while on holiday etc
thanks

nancyt22

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site

Hi...do you have a micro sd card inserted in your tab as well? I have the card reader you are talking about and have transferred a lot of photos with it. When you open up My Files you will see sd card which is the internal hard drive. If you have also inserted a micro sd card, that file shows up as ext sd card. That is where I store all my photos as the internal storage is only about 4gb. I have my photos in separate folders. If u want that...open my folders click on ext folders...top rt corner press on folder with plus sign and create your folder. When u have your sd card reader plugged in a third folder will show up...usb a folder...your photos r in there....when they show up you can copy/paste or cut/paste them.....I think you'll want to copy them so don't use the scissor icon...that will remove all the photos off your camera card. Select your pics, select the copy/clipboard icon then press the folder you want them to go in then press the clipboard icon again and they should transfer...nt

Luca Morsello

May 25, 2013
Visit site

I'm having problems with my samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 when I plug the charger in it swiches off full stop and I can't turn it on because there is no battary help me please

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

i'm not sure if anyone has read my question properly.
I want to ( if possible) transfer photo images from an sd card taken on my camera , to the samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0, via a card reader i bought which fits into the slot at the bottom of the tab. (charging slot). can anyone advise please. I've been to various shops where i live and no one seems to know the answer. I would have thought this would be an obvious requirement so you can view photos with friends while on holiday etc
thanks

There are easier ways to do this: 1. You can have your tablet connected to your PC, and transfer photos that way. 2. You can transfer the photos to your PC, buy a micro SD card, insert it into your PC, transfer the files to the micro SD, then place the micro SD in your tablet (Slot is opposite the power and volume buttons.) then either keep the SD card in the tablet, or then transfer the files using the My FIles app stock installed on the device.

Brandon Neo

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

I tried the app my files and connecting it to the computer but for both ways I cant move files, I can copy, I cant delete. I mean, if you copy the files to sd without deleting them then whats the point. Need another way to transfer apps from tab to sd!!

pinkishanne

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

Hi guys, i just wanted to ask if theres someone who can help me fix my tab? My nephew play on the tab then while he's playing it shut down and never open again what should i do?

techydavid

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site

Obviously you didn't read the question.... He didn't want to use a computer.... I have a similar adapter... The easiest way to do this is open the My Files app preloaded on the tablet.,.. When you open it, you should see three options, sdcard0, extsdcard ( if a micro SD is inserted) and your cameras sd card should be UsbDriveA. Open UsbDriveA and your photos should be in the DCIM folder. Hope this helps. :)

Posted via Android Central App

Fred Belanger

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

I am coming into this discussion months after the last post but hope I can get some help. I am attempting the same task as been posted before - i.e. trying to move photos directly from my Nikon DSLR camera to Tablet 3. I downloaded an external "my files" app but do not see the options listed in previous post. I am seeing my camera blinking in the same manner it does when downloading to my laptop but show "no files" in the "pictures" portion of My Files. Likewise, using an adaptor with the card inserted results in the same message. I also have tried changing the USB option on the camera to PTP but I get a failure to complete message on the Tablet Screen. Any help would be appreciated.

Fred Belanger

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

Yes, I have the usual camera cable going to the USB plug. I bought an adaptor cable for the tablet which goes from mini port (same one as for charging) to a female USB end. Plugging them together for direct connection of camera to tablet. Also have tried the memory card reader in the same way. Reader lights up indicating it must be receiving power from tablet but I cannot complete any transfer of photos.

techydavid

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site

So lemme get this straight. You tried both directly to the camera and putting the SD card in the tablet?

From mah shiny new Nexus 5

Fred Belanger

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

The connection for the SD card went through a card reader which has a USB cable male end. This connected through and adaptor cable from the tablet to a female USB plug. The camera was connected in the same manner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674