Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7 inch) won't charge or turn on.

Robinjune Phillips

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Holding the off/on button got my galaxy tab 3 to turn on...BUT it did NOT go to a reboot page...it only went to a box that said "battery is critically low" click ok. How come it didn't go to a reboot page as many of you have mentioned?

christina butt

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
this morning my tablet worked perfectly then suddenly on the charger button it came with a cross and my tablet shut down and won't even charge and i just bought the main samsung galaxy charger nothing has gone wrong with it plzz can i have help as soon as posside:'(

KendraK11

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I had all the problems here and I just my tab charging again and what I did was everytime the loading battery would come up and repeatedly ppress the power button until the battery went and kept doing this for like 5/10 minutes. Then it just started charging like normal! But I haven't turned it on yet..
Hope this helps!xxx

writedontoday

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Mine when plugged in kept cycling between the circle, battery charging icon at 0% then black. If left plugged in all night, it would charge.

I have tried everything except disconnecting the battery.

The fix: while plugged in hold the power button and home button at the same time until it turns on. Worked great for me.

Let me know if this works for you as well.

Thanks

Kara C

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Removing the tablet back cover...

Note that taking the back off will void your warranty. I tried everything before sending mine in for repair, only to find out that I voided the warranty in the process of trying to troubleshoot. :-/

deelaryn

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Removing the tablet back cover...

Plugging my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 cable into my iPhone 4S charger adapter kicked the tablet back into charging mode.

Kara C

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Success Update!

I got my (7" tab 3) tablet back today from Samsung--warranty deemed void because I removed the back cover. After hours of desperate, last-ditch strategies and button-mashing, I got it to turn back on normally. Here's what I did:

1) Remove the back cover of your UNPLUGGED tablet. (Youtube has good tutorial videos. This will void your warranty.)
2) Disconnect the battery (small wires leading to a tiny rectangle at the bottom of the board).
3) While the battery is disconnected, PLUG IN the tablet.
4) Reconnect the battery (I felt mine "snap" twice into place).
5) Turn on the tablet (mine came on immediately after I pressed the power button).

I haven't seen a tip like this on other forums, but it's worth a try if nothing else is working for you. Cheers.

melissalove75

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happend to me I remember searching online and it says if you leave your tab charging to long the battery gets overheated and dies I can't open my back cover though
:'(

eifion parry

May 1, 2014
Visit site
You can get in to the back of the tablet quite easerly using a plastic opening tool that you can get off ebay for a couple of pound. I also had this problem I took it the battery had died so bought one off ebay and replaced it quite easily and it worked fine.

Posted via Android Central App

tombrad22

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
i bought a sg tab p3100 and it was working fine in the warranty period and its been 3 months after the warranty and now its showing charging problems.they told me its the problem with the charging IC and need to change the motherboard and battery which will be cost me half the price of the tab.
now the quality of the samsung products are very annoying and u will get same configuration products of other companies for half the price of samsung products.

k8lovered

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung galaxy tab 2 7in wont charge or turn on.

this morning i got my samsung tab 2 7.0 drained. so i plug it on the wall charger but the screen shows charging but dont fill the battery till the end then gone immediately and keeps on repeating, i cant turn it on also, im trying to do the trick like hold the power and volumes button but it wont work also, i plug it on pc but the screen still shows the same. what will i do, pls help. thank you in advance

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung galaxy tab 2 7in wont charge or turn on.

this morning i got my samsung tab 2 7.0 drained. so i plug it on the wall charger but the screen shows charging but dont fill the battery till the end then gone immediately and keeps on repeating, i cant turn it on also, im trying to do the trick like hold the power and volumes button but it wont work also, i plug it on pc but the screen still shows the same. what will i do, pls help. thank you in advance

Hello. The battery doesn't charge at all? Can you turn it on while it is plugged into the wall charger?

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app

Ron Michel1

May 18, 2014
Visit site
at some times these solutions all work or don't. truth is the mother board is fine , we know this, the charger is fine, we also know this and the cable. we do know the battery is low of power in all these cases. sometimes we can recover and it will work fine for a bit. we all know something is wrong with the samsung tabs (and the note and other devices BY SAMSUNG) it should be noted that the acer does not display this problem, so my conclusion of this is: why are we not getting together and making a class action suit against SAMSUNG for selling us this garbage at a top price rate and in return getting no service (we here fix our own stuff) we know now it is a great device EXCEPT this one flaw. the one flaw that deems it as junk.
-i have revived my tab3 7inch a few times now, but in reality, no, there is a circuit on the board that shuts the charge off in certain situations... it degrades, the problem gets worse, charging becomes slower, the charging of the machine becomes hotter and hotter. unless we as a community do not stand up and say "hey you sold us junk, fix the BUG in the hardware and replace our units or give us our money back no questions asked, we will spend many pages of threads in frustration of something that just should not be. . It is my opinion that any company that has a following that would accept this and consider buying another one would not fix the problem that makes them a lot of extra sales.
ps i have power , volume
disconnect battery
i have even tried to boost the board power with a low voltage aid to the unpowered battery to kick up the charge management that gets run as you supply power for charging.
i have removed peripherals that consume the power to get an initial charge on the like the screen.
i am currently working on supplying a dc charge to run the machine right of a dc plug ( like the tabs that have an alternate power input.) some tablets with this power charge delema can kick the charge by having the board powered this way and then connecting the charger with the board running)
Do not support the company putting out this garbage, i bought it because another said the words "Samsung are good machines) no wake up, look around, all the samsung phones are cracked screens, the tablets are defective in the area of charging.

i think samsung should be held responsible for selling butter with a stone in it.

Ron Michel1

May 18, 2014
Visit site
i have one last ditch effort to do before creating extra circuit to tie in a dc power source direct to board... i have taped my power button on with the battery hooked up. in hopes of draining any and all static, i will do this with the battery hooked up, and then if that does not work i will unhook the battery and do the same. we should not have to go such great lengths to use any device, i hope others join my idea above though, i feel that further in time we will have no choice to do as such. actually i think at this time corporations think we do not have any ability to make them responsible for their product.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci