Take apart tutorial ?

billinaz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have to replace the glass and LCD on a Tab 2 7.0 and I can find the parts easy enough but I cannot find a single take apart video or tutorial anywere.

Has anyone seen anything like that?

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Usually with the Samsung Galaxy Tab, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Tab 10.1 2 you just have to get a pry tool and go around the plastic edges to pop off the case. The Galaxy tab 10.1 2 doesn't have any external screws so I dont think the Tab 2 will either. But to check for screws look for little plastic circles on the bottom or around the case, if you see some then there will be screws under them.

Just go around the edges with a thin tool and pop off the case, should be all you need to do. You can be rough with it(not too much), you wont break it unless you really flex it.

If you wanna post some photos of the edges and where the glass meets the plastic I could tell you for sure.

billinaz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I got the back off easy enough, but the LCD was also damaged. It appears that I have to take it completely apart from the back sie to get to the LCD mounting.....

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I got the back off easy enough, but the LCD was also damaged. It appears that I have to take it completely apart from the back sie to get to the LCD mounting.....
Well if its anything like Tab 1, Tab 10.1, Tab 2 10.1 you can actually leave the motherboard, battery, and everything else in. To get to the LCD, at least on those, you have to take off the digi first.

billinaz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I got it all done, looks great. The only difference is that I used a white model instead of the black one.

I am trying to find a replacement battery cover though. No luck so far.

THANKS