Galaxy tab 2 P3100 JB 4.1.2 (rooted using CF-Auto-Root) Official updates question

Simon Mandy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I am from India and recently purchased Galaxy tab 2 P3100 model with Jelly Bean 4.1.2 version built in on it.

Baseband
P3100DDCLK1

Kernel Version
3.0.31-812001
se.infra@SEP-98#1
SMP PREEMPT Fri Mar 8 20:09:50 KST 2013

Build Number
JZO54K.P3100DDCMC1

I have tried to root the device two days back, here is what happened,

1) Copied cwm-root-gtab2.zip and Fix-Recovery.zip to external SD Card. Flashed GT-P3100_ClockworkMod-Recovery_6.0.1.0.tar using Odin successfully.
2) Went in to ClockWorkMod Recovery mode (power button + volume up) and Installed cwm-root-gtab2.zip and Fix-Recovery.zip using CWM Recovery successfully.
3) Rebooted the tab. ROOTING WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL.
4) Went in to download mode again and flashed CF-Auto-Root-espressorf-espressorfxx-gtp3100.zip using Odin and ROOTING WAS SUCCESS
5) But CWM Recovery was gone. So I went in to Download mode again and flashed GT-P3100_ClockworkMod-Recovery_6.0.1.0.tar to get CWM.

Now I have CWM and Rooting.

Question is will I be able to receive Samsung official updates whenever they are available?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I am from India and recently purchased Galaxy tab 2 P3100 model with Jelly Bean 4.1.2 version built in on it.

Baseband
P3100DDCLK1

Kernel Version
3.0.31-812001
se.infra@SEP-98#1
SMP PREEMPT Fri Mar 8 20:09:50 KST 2013

Build Number
JZO54K.P3100DDCMC1

I have tried to root the device two days back, here is what happened,

1) Copied cwm-root-gtab2.zip and Fix-Recovery.zip to external SD Card. Flashed GT-P3100_ClockworkMod-Recovery_6.0.1.0.tar using Odin successfully.
2) Went in to ClockWorkMod Recovery mode (power button + volume up) and Installed cwm-root-gtab2.zip and Fix-Recovery.zip using CWM Recovery successfully.
3) Rebooted the tab. ROOTING WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL.
4) Went in to download mode again and flashed CF-Auto-Root-espressorf-espressorfxx-gtp3100.zip using Odin and ROOTING WAS SUCCESS
5) But CWM Recovery was gone. So I went in to Download mode again and flashed GT-P3100_ClockworkMod-Recovery_6.0.1.0.tar to get CWM.

Now I have CWM and Rooting.

Question is will I be able to receive Samsung official updates whenever they are available?

Welcome to the forums!

The answer to your question is no. Once rooted, you cannot get OTA updates until you properly unroot. Some superuser programs can do this, but the success rate is questionable. The upside is, there probably won't be much more support for the device as it is reaching the end of it's life. It will most likely see the 4.2 OS, probably the 4.3, but beyond that is highly doubtful. If you root now, you may not be losing much, since there are only minor changes between 4.1 and 4.2.

Simon Mandy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I went to Settings->About device->Software update->Update and I get below error message,

"Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available"

I opened SuperSu app and went to settings and did "Full Unroot" and rebooted the device. After rebooting verified in "Root Checker" app that root access is removed. Tried Software update again and still same error message.

What is the way to restore my Official Software update?

venkoti

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
i unrooted my tab 2 p3100. now still i am getting message your device has been modified software updates are not available. Why this message is coming ? is that okay or my tab fault(india)