Wifi dead

Dickyboy18

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I was using my tab2 on wifi without a problem and on switching it on one morning I noticed that the wifi on the tab 2 was off. I tried to click the icon to switch it back on and it goes a dim green with no green underline and then goes back to grey again. I tried to switch wifi on from the settings area - it says its trying to start and then puts the wifi back to off. Please don't tell me this is a router problem as I know the router is functioning well and the fact that the tab can't switch wifi on or scan for networks says its that which is at fault. Has anyone else experience this or got any suggestions on how to fix it. I am assuming its dead hardware but wondered if anyone had any suggestions. I have factory reset it and the problem persists. Is there an official rom I can flash it with that would be worth trying

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I was using my tab2 on wifi without a problem and on switching it on one morning I noticed that the wifi on the tab 2 was off. I tried to click the icon to switch it back on and it goes a dim green with no green underline and then goes back to grey again. I tried to switch wifi on from the settings area - it says its trying to start and then puts the wifi back to off. Please don't tell me this is a router problem as I know the router is functioning well and the fact that the tab can't switch wifi on or scan for networks says its that which is at fault. Has anyone else experience this or got any suggestions on how to fix it. I am assuming its dead hardware but wondered if anyone had any suggestions. I have factory reset it and the problem persists. Is there an official rom I can flash it with that would be worth trying

When you attempt to turn on wi-fi, does it see your wireless network?

mamatenn

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
We are having same problem with my son's galaxy tab 2. We've done the factory reboot, etc. We own an identical one that is working fine, but his won't connect to wifi. Did you ever figure out the problem?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood