Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0: Usb device not recognized.

tk91

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

I've got a little problem with my galaxy tab 2. It won't connect to my pc. It says usb device not recognized. I'm running android 4.1.2. The computer is running windows 8 64-bit and samsung kies is installed.

I've tried on my netbook to which is running windows xp 32-bit, but no luck.

Could it be the usb-cable?

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 2

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi!

I've got a little problem with my galaxy tab 2. It won't connect to my pc. It says usb device not recognized. I'm running android 4.1.2. The computer is running windows 8 64-bit and samsung kies is installed.

I've tried on my netbook to which is running windows xp 32-bit, but no luck.

Could it be the usb-cable?

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 2

That or a different port. But something else to try is downloading and installing drivers and restarting the PC. But since 2 different PC are showing the same problem, it most likely is the cable.

tk91

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I've tested all the usb-ports on both computers with the same results. I've tested uninstalling and installing both kies and the android usb drivers on both computers, but with no luck. When I connect the cable to the pc it's charging, but the computer won't recognize it. When I plug it in into the power outlet in the wall it charges just fine. So I think it has to be the cable.

Or am I wrong

Sent from my GT-P3100 with Tapatalk 2

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Some cables are charging cables and only have the ability to charge your Tab. Try restarting your Tab and if this doesn't work, change the cable. When you plug in the cable to your computer it may take 15 seconds to be recognized. I think this has to do with spyware software! So wait for this to happen!
The cables are available on Ebay for a couple bucks each so I always have a spare for charging and data!

Hope this helps!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've tested all the usb-ports on both computers with the same results. I've tested uninstalling and installing both kies and the android usb drivers on both computers, but with no luck. When I connect the cable to the pc it's charging, but the computer won't recognize it. When I plug it in into the power outlet in the wall it charges just fine. So I think it has to be the cable.

Or am I wrong

Sent from my GT-P3100 with Tapatalk 2

Cable may have gone bad. I would replace it.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

tk91

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Some cables are charging cables and only have the ability to charge your Tab. Try restarting your Tab and if this doesn't work, change the cable. When you plug in the cable to your computer it may take 15 seconds to be recognized. I think this has to do with spyware software! So wait for this to happen!
The cables are available on Ebay for a couple bucks each so I always have a spare for charging and data!

Hope this helps!

It's a data transfer and charging cable. In Sweden, thos

Skickat fr?n min GT-P3100 via Tapatalk 2

tk91

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

Hope this helps!

It's a data transfer and charging cable. In Sweden, those cables goes around 23 dollars or 150 SEK. Found those cables on Amazon for around 4 dollars, but if I buy of Ebay the delivery time is 3 weeks.

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, there is usually no indication our marking on the cable telling you of it is charging-only...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Raffaele Garofalo

May 8, 2014
Visit site
In my case I have a Dell Laptop with Windows 8.1
First I had to install the additional Media Pack KB
Then, this is the problem I face.

1. if the Tab battery is drained, then the PC keep popping the message
  2. If the battery is half charged and the tab in os, Windows recofnize it

So, I charged it with the wall adapter and the n plug it into my PC when is turned on.
I don't get the annoying message anymore

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
All of the cables i have seen for the Tab-2 are 4 conductor data cables! The Tab-2 uses the 3rd and 4th wire in the cable to tell it the charger is connected to has the capacity to fast charge the tab! I always keep a couple spares because the Tab-2 is useless without the proper charging cable!
You can find these cables on E-bay for under $5

Eimaar

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I've started to have exactly the same problem with my samsung galaxy tab 2 7. But in my case, I don't think that changing the cable will work, because I've been able to transfer files just fine with this very cable uptil now. Can you give me any other suggestions? I'm really worried that it's a hardware problem with my Tab.

tracesofrock

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. I really don't think it's a cable problem. I plugged my tablet in this morning and as I was about to transfer my files I inadvertently pulled out the cable (silly, I know). Now it's completely impossible to make the laptop recognise the tablet. I tried switching everything off and on, turning one thing on before the other etc etc. I thought I'd made progress when I received a pop up could saying my tab could "perform faster" but it was quickly replaced by the usual one telling me the tablet wasn't recognised. I now have a very full tablet that won't even let me open my pictures or use some of the aps. Also, I don't have the USB icon on the tablet anymore even though it is charging fine when plugged into the laptop but turned off (battery icon is crossed off to show it won't charge if turned on).
Thanks for your help if anyone has a clue how to solve this.

Anshuman Goyal

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I did not had any luck with this. Still my Tab is stuck on Initial Boot screen and does not boot up. USB device says unrecognizable when I turn it on i Recovery Mode. I charged it for whole night and battery was full as I can sens from my charger which was HOT in morning as well.

Do you have any other solution.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante