I can only hear audio on one side of earbuds

raininblack

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I just bought this tablet and for some reason, the audio won't work on the left side when I plug in my earbuds, my headphones and my external speakers. I tried playing with the audio settings and even blowing into the jack. Any ideas as to why it won't work properly?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
First things first--are you sure you're pushing the plug all the way into the jack? You should hear and/or feel a click when it's in all the way.

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Go to the Accessibility tab in Settings and be sure the Mono option isn't checked. It's only supposed to convert stereo audio to mono for single-speaker plug-ins, but it may be glitching. Otherwise, you probably have a faulty headphone jack.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AC Forums mobile app

Control78134

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Okay, So I just had this same exact problem and I figured out there was a setting in the phone that balanced the volume only to one side of the headphones, Goto Settings>Accessibility>Go down all the way to hearing and Tap on Sound Balance, Make sure its set to the middle of both sides
Fix.png

shelby44bvb

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Okay, So I just had this same exact problem and I figured out there was a setting in the phone that balanced the volume only to one side of the headphones, Goto Settings>Accessibility>Go down all the way to hearing and Tap on Sound Balance, Make sure its set to the middle of both sides
View attachment 126636

Mine is in the middle but I can only out of one and I need the volume all the way up to hear from the ear bud and its still to low and I just got these headphones what do I do

Last edited by a moderator:

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
If you have any kind of case or protector on the phone the hole at the earphone jack may not be large enough for the plug to go all the way in! Try the headphones with the case removed. I have enlarged the hole in the case on a couple rubber protectors I have had!

1971_jenmyluv

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
View attachment 126636

Thank you so much. I feel like a goof, I've thought for years I had just faulty connections cause this only happened with earbuds but I had checked all places but never saw the balance option... YAY!!

Prodeegee

Oct 31, 2017
Visit site
I just bought this tablet and for some reason, the audio won't work on the left side when I plug in my earbuds, my headphones and my external speakers. I tried playing with the audio settings and even blowing into the jack. Any ideas as to why it won't work properly?

I had this problem on my Samsung note 4. On the accessibility option I pushed the settings to left and it worked fine. I guess it was the software afterall. The balance wasn't working until I pushed it to left only. Both ears working fine now

Vladmir Tod1

May 10, 2018
Visit site
Thank you so much. I feel like a goof, I've thought for years I had just faulty connections cause this only happened with earbuds but I had checked all places but never saw the balance option... YAY!!

:-*when i do this it is already in the middle but when it is all of the way to the right i hear a little sound but not much at all. And yes my volume is turned up most of the way to just hear barely any audio

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad