Query re 4.2 Update on Tab 2

shyamelge

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
This is my first post at this forum.

On OTA and Kies, 4.2 update for Tab 2 is available. Currently, my tablet (3113 - US model) is on 4.1.1.

I have not updated it yet as I am not sure about the benefits.

Those of you who have updated this version, could you answer some of my queries:

1. Do you find a significant improvement in battery back up from previous version?

2. Apart from transferring apps to SD card, what are the other major benefits of new update? Better display? Smooth touch?

3. What if I don't like 4.2 version after updating my Tab 2, is it possible to go back to 4.1.1 (mine is stock rom)? If yes, kindly explain how?

thanks

Last edited:

shyamelge

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
More than 155 views but not a single reply!

Are my queries too simplistic (since I am a newbie) or too complex to respond?

At least, kindly share your experiences with battery back up after update; and tell me whether I can go back to 4.1.1 if I am not happy with 4.2 upgrade.

Thanks in advance

techydavid

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Dont do it its not worth it. This breaks flash compatability, makes the system a phablet UI[ phablets are like the galaxy note] loses stability [like the stock ROM ever had it] makes frequent connection drops with my bluetooth keyboard [though i might need new batteries] and is just overall crappy. Root and flash custom ROM and you'll actually have stability. Hopefully eventually i'll have the courage to root and ROM my gtab 2. It'd be nice if twice a day i didn't have to reboot to regain responsiveness. Oh well, i'll flash my modified PAC-ROM soon.........
Techydavid
Sent from my GT-P3113

Posted via Android Central App

cl2087

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3113) this morning. It is a little early to tell on the extension of the battery life, but I think that the 4.2.2 experience is much better and faster. I do not see any negatives to upgrading outside of the fact that I previously had a battery charge status in the middle of the lock screen (% charged) that is now gone. You can still see the charge percent at the top right in the lock screen, and now there are direct unlock shortcuts to apps. I think you should go for it, the 4.1.1 was crappy compared to this.

bent_karma

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
So let me get this straight. Us owners of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0 inch) is finally running 4.2.2? Isn't this a little behind schedule?

Posted via Android Central App

jose3456

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
it is working like new to me in 4.1.1 it was really bad for me my webbrowser wouldnt load webpages it took for ever to load netflix and youtube too. now my tablet doesnt do that any more with the update the battery life looks good its running like new but I just got it today finally my tablet works fine ill tell you in a week of usage if it is worth it or it isnt

Sent from my GT-P3113 using AC Forums mobile app

Victorrrr001

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Maan I regret I updated it, it sux its slower like this and lags... I hope I can go back to the old one

jose3456

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
It was just working fine a few minutes ago went back to it it started to lag when turning on and it whent back to the same state it was in on 4.1.1 but 4.1.1 is actually smoother. i tried to restart it but its back to the same way it was back in so dont update unless you want the features

Torben LUND

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Updated a few days ago. Following observations: it seems not to be able to locate my wifi, old version showed it instantly when turning on. Maybe a problem with the power saving? Pull down menu quite clumsy. Uses more battery power, plus all the adjustments to various apps.:-\

shyamelge

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all for sharing your experiences which suggest that I should stick to 4.1.1 and avoid upgrading to 4.2 till many of these issues are sorted out. Right?

Smokey Mc Pot

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Remember to back up your tab before you update the firmware.
After the update (ota or kies) you need to factory reset the device in order for the update integrity to take effect.
:) And there will be no more lags.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4