4.2.2 and Netflix

Darin Gallagher

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
After I got the OTA to 4.2.2 last week, Netflix has been pretty choppy and buffers quite a bit. Before, I didn't have this problem. Is anyone else having this problem after the update?

Posted via Android Central App on gt-p3113 4.2.2

Darin Gallagher

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
This is my first post, by the way. I have had no other real issues with the new update. I just like the fact you can app2sd now without rooting. Anyway, thanks.

Smokey Mc Pot

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Back-up your tab and perform the advised factory reset.

:D After that your tab will be running like a dream.

Sent from my GT-P3110 Jelly Bean 4.2.2

Darin Gallagher

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Back-up your tab and perform the advised factory reset.

:D After that your tab will be running like a dream.

Sent from my GT-P3110 Jelly Bean 4.2.2

I have a question about that: Will I lose anything as far as stuff that are saved on games? Also, what is the best way to back everything up? Thanks for your reply!

Smokey Mc Pot

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi Darin Gallagher,
There are plenty of different ways to back up your tablet.
But really the simplest way to do it is using the software already installed on the tablet.
1- Google account
2- Samsung backup
3- Dropbox.
4- Kies

Google will restore your apps and your contacts, etc.
Samsung will restore your settings, etc.
Dropbox the best way to save your media, etc.
You can also use kies on your pc to back your stuff.

All the stuff stored on the external sd card is safe and will not be affected by the factory reset.

if your games are online? Than there shouldn't be any problem as the servers will remember the level you playing. But yes you might have a problem with offline games.

Sorry if my explanation is not clear enough,
But just look in the "settings / cloud / back up and restore" in your tablet and all should be explained.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4

Darin Gallagher

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi Darin Gallagher,
There are plenty of different ways to back up your tablet.
But really the simplest way to do it is using the software already installed on the tablet.
1- Google account
2- Samsung backup
3- Dropbox.
4- Kies

Google will restore your apps and your contacts, etc.
Samsung will restore your settings, etc.
Dropbox the best way to save your media, etc.
You can also use kies on your pc to back your stuff.

All the stuff stored on the external sd card is safe and will not be affected by the factory reset.

if your games are online? Than there shouldn't be any problem as the servers will remember the level you playing. But yes you might have a problem with offline games.

Sorry if my explanation is not clear enough,
But just look in the "settings / cloud / back up and restore" in your tablet and all should be explained.

Hey, thanks a lot! I am going to do this later on today. I will be sure to let you know the outcome. Thanks again!

Holyeffenwow

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Just curious if this worked for you? I had the same problem with Netflix and hulu+. also scrolling has become choppy and stutters.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Alan F Jones

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with Netflix buffering on my GT2. Followed your advice and performed a backup, factory reset then restore. So far Netflix is operating normally. Thanks for your recommendation on how to resolve this issue.

Darin Gallagher

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with Netflix buffering on my GT2. Followed your advice and performed a backup, factory reset then restore. So far Netflix is operating normally. Thanks for your recommendation on how to resolve this issue.

Glad to hear it! I still haven't had the time do do this yet. I am glad to see people that have had the same problems then getting them resolved.

Darin Gallagher

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I just did the factory restore and am currently reinstalling all of my stuff. Netflix updated and I signed in. It is working well now. Thanks for everyone's help with my issue! I really do appreciate it! :D

Posted via Android Central App

Smokey Mc Pot

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Android firmware updates need a factory reset after performing the update on the device.
That is important for the integrity of the update to take effect... otherwise the old links will conflict with the new ones and resulting in software crashes and malfunctioning apps.

Not many people are aware of that but in part is fault of the manufacturer's not advertising the issue.
But just keep that in mind for future reference.

Smokey

Darin Gallagher

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Android firmware updates need a factory reset after performing the update on the device.
That is important for the integrity of the update to take effect... otherwise the old links will conflict with the new ones and resulting in software crashes and malfunctioning apps.

Not many people are aware of that but in part is fault of the manufacturer's not advertising the issue.
But just keep that in mind for future reference.

Smokey

Good to know. I was not aware of that. It would be a good thing for the manufacturers to tell us this after each update. On another note, I did lose saved stuff on one of my games. I had gotten pretty far on it too. Oh well. Such is life. I think I would rather have my Tab running better, so this was a big plus. Thanks again, Smokey!

Darin

Posted via Android Central App

Holyeffenwow

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
So I did the factory reset, let it update everything and Netflix and hulu are still laggy. Anyone have a fix?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4