4.2.2 and Netflix

Darin Gallagher

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
So I did the factory reset, let it update everything and Netflix and hulu are still laggy. Anyone have a fix?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Now that you mention it, my Netflix is kind of laggy too, even after reset. Hopefully something will give soon.

Posted via Android Central App

Darin Gallagher

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I may have come to the conclusion that my internet here isn't the fastest for running Netflix. It is only a 3 mbps connection. What gets me is that it ran with no problem before the update. I cleared the app data which helped for about 15 minutes, then it started stuttering and buffering again. I have no problems with any other video apps, especially YouTube, which everyone seems to have a problem with. I may just have to cancel my Netflix subscription if this doesn't get resolved. Hey, it'll save me 8 bucks a month.

Holyeffenwow

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
4.2.2 hasn't been good to me either, my tab stutters and lags when it used to be near perfect and hulu and Netflix are completely unusable even after reset. Does any one have a solution other than rooting?

Btw its not just hulu and netflix for me, the lock screen lags and scrolling through the various screens stutters and lags as well

Darin Gallagher

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
4.2.2 hasn't been good to me either, my tab stutters and lags when it used to be near perfect and hulu and Netflix are completely unusable even after reset. Does any one have a solution other than rooting?

Btw its not just hulu and netflix for me, the lock screen lags and scrolling through the various screens stutters and lags as well

It's basically just Netflix for me. I have another video steaming app that runs pretty well without the stuttering. I don't have any problems with lock screen or scrolling either. Seems like it's hit and miss with these Tabs.

mirocada

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy Tab2 updated to Android 4.2.2 a few days ago. The only trouble (other than annoyance at moving the notifications, status bar, and navigation bars around) I've discovered so far is with Netflix. It will start the videos, but will start buffering every 3 minutes or so. The only way to get past the buffering is to back out of the video into the Netflix menu and restart the video.

I tried uninstalling Netflix updates and reinstalling and that made the problem worse. Given that there's no guarantee a factory reset will resolve the issue, I'm reluctant to waste that time. Posting hoping Netflix and/or Android will resolve the issue. Until then, watching Netflix on my tablet is not a reasonable option.

Darin Gallagher

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy Tab2 updated to Android 4.2.2 a few days ago. The only trouble (other than annoyance at moving the notifications, status bar, and navigation bars around) I've discovered so far is with Netflix. It will start the videos, but will start buffering every 3 minutes or so. The only way to get past the buffering is to back out of the video into the Netflix menu and restart the video.

I tried uninstalling Netflix updates and reinstalling and that made the problem worse. Given that there's no guarantee a factory reset will resolve the issue, I'm reluctant to waste that time. Posting hoping Netflix and/or Android will resolve the issue. Until then, watching Netflix on my tablet is not a reasonable option.

Yep, mine is doing that EXACT same thing! A factory reset did nothing to make it better. Hopefully something gives soon. I was wondering if I was the only one with this issue.

Sent from my GT-P3113 4.2.2

Darin Gallagher

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I did another factory reset. I kept Play Store quiet and downloaded everything manually. I kept some apps I didn't really need off of it. It seemed to do the trick. I watched Netflix all night last night with no stuttering whatsoever. The Tab runs smoother too. Might want to give it a try.

lubba1974

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, my problem with Netflix was that I could choose what to watch but it would just keep loading and never actually play anything...I am running 4.2.2 Rom , the other day I got so fed up with it went in to manage apps, opened Netflix , force stopped the app, deleted it ..plat store and downloaded again and it works a treat now, its perfect...no problems at all ..?? Don't no if it was a updated version or what ?? ..hop this helps .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AC Forums mobile app

Darin Gallagher

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, my problem with Netflix was that I could choose what to watch but it would just keep loading and never actually play anything...I am running 4.2.2 Rom , the other day I got so fed up with it went in to manage apps, opened Netflix , force stopped the app, deleted it ..plat store and downloaded again and it works a treat now, its perfect...no problems at all ..?? Don't no if it was a updated version or what ?? ..hop this helps .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AC Forums mobile app

The thing about mine, was Netflix was a system all, so I couldn't delete it. I'm not rooted, so I had to use other means to get it to work. I am glad yours is working now.

DrDoppio

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I updated to JB 4.2.2 today and Netflix started stuttering on the same episodes which it used to play fine yesterday on 4.1. Many are reporting a similar issue.

It plays fine on my phone with GB though. The phone is 720p vs True HD for the tablet, so it could be a bandwidth issue, but I don't understand why they could decrease the data rate on 4.1 and can't on 4.2.

This plus the lack of profiles on the Android app has made me give it a 1-star review. It is appalling that they won't fix the app for a service I am paying for!

Darin Gallagher

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I updated to JB 4.2.2 today and Netflix started stuttering on the same episodes which it used to play fine yesterday on 4.1. Many are reporting a similar issue.

It plays fine on my phone with GB though. The phone is 720p vs True HD for the tablet, so it could be a bandwidth issue, but I don't understand why they could decrease the data rate on 4.1 and can't on 4.2.

This plus the lack of profiles on the Android app has made me give it a 1-star review. It is appalling that they won't fix the app for a service I am paying for!

I haven't had the problem since Netflix updated the app last. I know what you mean. It is very irritating. Hopefully your issue will get taken care of.

Jeff Seager

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Netflix choked on me too, after this upgrade. Other apps were a bit flaky at times, too. It all straightened out after a few weeks, with various apps updating all that time. I recommend patience. I could be wrong, but a factory reset was unnecessary for me.

DrDoppio

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I did a factory reset after flashing the new ROM.

The issue with Netflix is very severe, as it would stop playing after only 20 seconds and wouldn't continue before I exit and restart the app. This makes it impossible to watch.

I could find the same show elsewhere, but if I go this route once I might just cancel my Netflix subscription and use the alternative, right?

Darin Gallagher

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site

The issue with Netflix is very severe, as it would stop playing after only 20 seconds and wouldn't continue before I exit and restart the app. This makes it impossible to watch.

I could find the same show elsewhere, but if I go this route once I might just cancel my Netflix subscription and use the alternative, right?

Hey, if you have other means of watching, even if it's free (which is even better!) go that route, but that's totally up to you. Some of the other means, which I use also, aren't very dependable, at least some I have used, and video quality isn't the greatest.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

DrDoppio

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I was on a support chat with Netflix, the rep tried to be helpful and gave me good advice, but nothing worked. I will be on the fence until -- hopefully very soon -- a new app which supports profiles comes along.

Sent from my Onda V972 Core4 (was Archos 97 Platinum yesterday :), lol ) using AC Forums mobile app

Darin Gallagher

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site

Just out of curiosity, what other apps are you using to watch shows? I use Unis Video. It's in beta, but works pretty well. You can find it in Play. Just don't start it in landscape, or it will crash.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar