I need to establish a data connection from a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to an external device that is hardwired to a cable terminated in a micro usb connector. There are a couple of ways that I can go as far as I can tell.

First would be to use an female micro-usb to female 2.0 USB, which seems to be the most straight forward approach if I could find someone that makes one. The other approach would be to buy a cable that is terminated in Samsung's 30 pin connector on one end and a female micro-usb on the other. Which, I can't find either.

I'm open to suggestions and any assistance that you can offer in locating something likes this.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    09-20-2013 10:06 AM
    I need to establish a data connection from a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to an external device that is hardwired to a cable terminated in a micro usb connector. There are a couple of ways that I can go as far as I can tell.

First would be to use an female micro-usb to female 2.0 USB, which seems to be the most straight forward approach if I could find someone that makes one. The other approach would be to buy a cable that is terminated in Samsung's 30 pin connector on one end and a female micro-usb on the other. Which, I can't find either.

I'm open to suggestions and any assistance that you can offer in locating something likes this.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    The adaptor may be your best bet. Have you looked on ShopAndroid, attached to Android Central?
    09-20-2013 10:50 AM
    About the only place you are going to find such an adapter is on Ebay or some other sale site! I have never seen one in any store!
    Get an OTG adapter! That will be a wide Samsung plug to regular usb socket on the end and then a usb to micro usb adapter. Be sure it is OTG adapter!

Around $5. Search for SAMSUNG OTG ADAPTER on Ebay

30 Pin to USB Host OTG Adapter Cable Cord 4 5" for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 0 Plus | eBay
    09-20-2013 05:12 PM