how to swype ?

shravee

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Dear All,

I am using samsung galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (GT-P5100) . I would like to use the swype fuctionality. however, I am not sure how to use this or enable. can you please advise the steps to enable it.
thanks in advance.
--shravee

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
I was almost sure it was enabled out of the box on any Samsung device but if it's not you can activate it by going to settings > my device > scroll down to language and input > select the Swype keyboard :)
You can also download apps like SwiftKey or the Google Keyboard if you don't like the Samsung keyboard or Swype

shravee

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
hi UJ95X

thanks for your reply. unfortunately, there is no such option. checked thoroughly now. samsung keyboard, chinese, google voice typing are the only available options i have.

also in the app store, i find only swift keyboard but not google keyboard. plz help

--shravee

techydavid

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Do what uj said, however tap Samsung keyboard and scroll through the settings till you find swipe, then enable it. How this helps!

From mah shiny new Nexus 5

shravee

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Guys,
this is solved now. Keyboard and language input > samsung keyboard settings > move predective text as "ON" (iff in off state) > tap on the same option (predictive text ON) > enable CONTINUOUS INPUT

now start messaging on fly with swype strokes.

@ tachydavid - thanks man, i followed your approach. when you mentioned to scroll over and find it. i decided to go option by option trying out all possibilites within an option.

so in my device and of samsung tab2 10.1 swype is called " CONTINUOUS INPUT" under predective text in ON mode.

--shravee..

techydavid

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, Samsung keyboard was the worst space consuming, small key keyboard. But glad it works for you.

From mah shiny new Nexus 5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol