Charger Problems - Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3113)

JourneyVII

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
It seems like every charger I buy seems to break within a month of getting it. I'm getting pretty tired of having to get a new one so I'm looking for one super durable, any brand recommendations?

Posted via Android Central App

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
My apologies for returning late to this thread.

Perhaps, rather than looking for a more robust cable which, frankly, will only slightly prolong the interval between replacements, you should examine your usage of said cables and make a change of habit.

Common causes of cable failure at the plug ends suggests that the user is bending the cable-end to extreme angles far too often. For instance, perhaps the unit is being charged while in use, and the tablet is resting on the 30-pin connector. In this case the user might be better served by turning the tablet around so that the 30-pin connector is on top-- the operating system of the Galaxy Tab will compenste for this position and flip the display around.

Perhaps the micro-USB plug is going into a charger that is stuffed behind a large object such as a couch. One could invest in an electrical outlet assembly which puts the plugs at a 90 degree angle, allowing the cords to exit parallel to the wall, or perhaps use an extension cord of some sort.

Other common types of abuse include pulling on the cord itself rather than using the plug to remove it from whatever it is attached to, and wrapping the cord around something too tightly for storage purposes.

Wires are designed to be flexible, but stretching, extreme bends and repetitive movements will invariably wear them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34