samsung galaxy tab 2 ( 7.0 ) not charging / booting

shray30

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
my samsung galaxy tab 2 (7.0) was working perfectly until its battery died completely.. I tried to charge it but every time i plug it in the charger , a battery sign comes up with a loading circle and then disappears. I charged it for a full night but it still was not starting in the morning . what to do ? :-\ PLEASE HELP

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Try holding all the buttons (volume up and down, and power) in at the same time for about ten seconds while the device is plugged into the charger.

This seems to reset the tablet and its charging circuit.

You may have to allow it to charge some more after that before it will power on.

The lithium ion batteries in these tablets aren't designed to be completely drained, and doing so can damage them.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Maneet Mathur

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 stopped charging today. As all the battery was drawn out so when I plugged for recharge it was continuously rebooting after showing one bar of battery. I was using the original cable that came with the tab few years back. I checked this thread and it appeared that the cable is bad and most of the people fixed it by changing the cable. So I decided to attempt cable clean up for any dust inside. I took my regular aftershave lotion and rinsed both sides (connector and USB) in the lotion. Then I used air pressure to dry it out. I reconnected after few hours and it worked just as new and my tab is now charging.

Kiki907

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
My tablet is not working :'( it needed charging so it died then i charged it and then i came back i tried to turn it on i thought that was unusal..:(:'( i think i need a new charger...

odie22

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
thank you sooo much i have tried everything (even bought a new charger). Then i seen this and tryed it and now it works fine thanks soo much :D

Bert Bijn

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Try holding all the buttons (volume up and down, and power) in at the same time for about ten seconds while the device is plugged into the charger.

This seems to reset the tablet and its charging circuit.

You may have to allow it to charge some more after that before it will power on.

The lithium ion batteries in these tablets aren't designed to be completely drained, and doing so can damage them.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I literally created this account to thank you, this fixed my problem.

anon(9331465)

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
plssss help me i charged my samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 and i saw the battery icon its showing x and not charging what should i do now pllsss help

Last edited:

danadona

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
If I tried to reboot holding the volume up/down and on and off buttons down and my tablet did turn on for a second but it showed that the battery was not charging and quickly died again. Does this mean I need a new charger or do I need or can I replace the batteries? Please help.

Aune Tangi Itembu

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
My Samsung Tab 2 7.0 will only charge for a minute and its 100% full after using it for less than 10 minutes its will be flat again what could be the problem or what must I do.

teo123

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello

I have a big problem:
I have a Galaxy Tab 2, when I put at loaded, start and stops continuously and no charging. It look like then charged closes and then starts and shows that charged (one second) and then stops
I changed the battery with a new one but was functional until the battery was empty. I put it to charge the same problem.
I mention that if you connect to a PC via USB showing: connect - disconnect, connect - disconnect permanently.
I feel that it is charging one second then stops and so on.

help me please!
thank you!

ron67

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi I had same problem Tried various Chargers etc PLugged into a USB on a PC (best if Pc on) Left for about 2 hrs and it started to Charge.Swapped back to Charger but got same problem, repeated USB/PC but let PC charge it to abot 50% the all ok. ;)

Debbie Tracey

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I got mine to boot up by pressing vol up and power button but it still will not charge, still have 4 % so powered it down so it does not run out completely because I saw someone wrote that letting it go to 0 will damage the battery. I have 2 charger chords but neither one of them will charge the tablet, tried cleaning connectors with brush and blowing air but still not working. Cleaned with alcohol and waiting now for it to dry to see if that works.And yes it is charging now!! So it worked! :D

Kevin Gladman

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
dude you have just restored my tablet, when i thought it was lost for ever.
this idea sounded so stupid i just had to try it. it's be almost 4 months dead. Awesome!!
thank you.