charging problems after getting wet

nightjustin

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I've got a friend who's little brother spilled a glass of water on his galaxy tab 2 2 weeks ago and now wont charge until its fully out of battery, any idea's on what he could do or is he out of luck?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
Did your friend turn off the phone and take out the battery after it got wet? That should be done to limit the amount of damage done by the spill.
Also, has he tried any other cables or chargers to make sure that isn't the issue?

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I've got a friend who's little brother spilled a glass of water on his galaxy tab 2 2 weeks ago and now wont charge until its fully out of battery, any idea's on what he could do or is he out of luck?

Well, after your brother spilled a glass of water on his galaxy tab have you dried up your phone completely by putting it inside the bag of silica gel or in the rice ??? If you did that then there might be some chances that your device ......... but as of now I will say the probability is very less I think the charging IC is damaged it would say either you get your device repaired or buy a universal mobile battery charger. :)

nightjustin

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Nope, he hasn't taken out the battery, his tablet doesn't have a removable battery from what I've been told and he's pretty sure it's not the charger either. He talked to samsung and he'll most likely have to get it repaired or replaced.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Nope, he hasn't taken out the battery, his tablet doesn't have a removable battery from what I've been told and he's pretty sure it's not the charger either. He talked to samsung and he'll most likely have to get it repaired or replaced.

That's good. Sorry we couldn't get it fixed :-\

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood