Make the sound on movies louder

paule321

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Tab 2 that I use to watch movies while I travel by airplane. I use a pair of Sony Noise Reduction headphones to reduce the plane noise while watching a movie. The problem is the volume from the tablet is still to low to really hear the movie clearly. I have to use CC to read the words of what they are saying to follow the movie. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to increase the sound louder than that the default settings on the sound will allow? I also have a Kindle Fire that I have used for the same thing and did not have any issues with the sound quality, but when I bought the Galaxy I gave the Kindle Fire to my daughter. Help please. Thanks

Paule321

Raymond Tan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if it works pass android Jellybean, but there are apps that can do that if your device is rooted(volume++ was one). Apps like that always add a lot of distortion to the sound and would not recommend it. You probably still will not understand what people are saying, and when ever there's an explosion or some action scene it will be way to loud.
A better solution would be higher end active noise cancelling headphones. If your willing to pay the hefty price tag, they can cut out about 80% of the noise. I get by with cheap ones, but a good set will run you around $300. Since I don't travel too often its not worth it for me.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a serious hearing loss and have tried several apps to make the sound louder on my Tab-2. None of them make a difference I can hear. I use POWERAMP to listen to music. It has a Graphics Equalizer with a Preamp feature that helps a lot! Check the COMMENTS for some of these Apps and see what other users have to say about the usability and the advertisements that come along with the app!

But please look at the permissions any app asks for before you try it! A lot of apps are nothing but data miners and want permission to look at everything on your tab or phone. It isn't necessary for a simple app to need to look at your phone directory, email addresses and browsing history!