Updating Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 - SCH-i705

The Fuzz 53

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Can somebody point me to a reliable guide to rooting and installing a more recent version of Android on to this device? I assume 4.1.2 is as far as official releases for this device are going to go. I want to at least get it to 4.4, if not 5.0. I am fairly new to the Android game as a Blackberry holdover. Any help would be appreciated.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Can somebody point me to a reliable guide to rooting and installing a more recent version of Android on to this device? I assume 4.1.2 is as far as official releases for this device are going to go. I want to at least get it to 4.4, if not 5.0. I am fairly new to the Android game as a Blackberry holdover. Any help would be appreciated.

Looking around on the XDA forums there does not see to be a ton of ROM support for your particular variant. There is a CM 12 5.0 thread going but it is in Alpha stages right now. Also what is your current software build? If you are on the latest build number after I705VRBLL2 then it won't work for you per the developers comments.

[CM][i705][VZW-LTE] CM12 Unofficial | Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 | XDA Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty