Galaxy tab 2.0 7 GT-P3113 TS - Not charging, not booting up now. How can I fix this?

A

AC Question

Galaxy tab 2.0 7" GT-P3113 TS - Not charging, not booting up now.

Obtained Summer 2013, using same Charger that came with it. Unit has never been dropped, both unit and charger have never been damaged, etc, pristine condition.
Upgraded OS to I think Jelly Bean about 5-6 months ago.
Moved various Downloaded (not System) Apps from Main Device to SD Card about 1.5 weeks ago.

First, about 3 weeks, it stopped charging while it was on. Would show a red 'x' on the charge icon. Would charge only when turned off.
Then 2 days ago, it stopped charging when plugged in and turned off, battery got drained.

Is this a software/OS issue? Is this a charger issue? Is this a internal Battery Issue?
I really like this device, however, if after 1.5 years it just dies with no explanation and no Samsung sanctioned resolution, I will never buy another one.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy tab 2.0 7" GT-P3113 TS - Not charging, not booting up now.

Welcome to Android Central! It could be a failing battery, a faulty charge port, or a faulty cable. Try different cables and wall plugs first. Let it sit on a wall outlet for at least 4 hours before trying to power up again. If that doesn't work, then you probably have to bring it to a repair shop.

How low did you routinely let the battery drop down to? If it would usually drop down to single digits before recharging, that can shorten the overall lifespan of the battery. In general, you should try to recharge when the battery hits 30-40%.

jensays

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
I have a similar issue with the same model (GT-P3113). It charges fine with the original cable when the USB is plugged into a wall outlet. However, when I try to charge via the cable using USB, I'm getting a red x. Trying to charge using USB port in iHome radio IDL44. Any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc