Why does my Galaxy Tab 2 keep recycling back to home screen?

A

AC Question

Galaxy Tab 2 keeps recycling back to home screen

I have a 4G and Wi-Fi enabled Galaxy Tab 2. Whenever I am connected (4G or Wi-Fi), the tablet keeps going back to the home screen every minute or so. If I am on a browser session, it gets terminated. It has gotten so bad that even when it is on the home screen, the tablet still does the recycling back to the same home screen. I have completely shut down all connections so I can still use the tablet for native games. But a 4G tablet that cannot go online is pretty pathetic. Anyone out there experience the same thing?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Tab 2 keeps recycling back to home screen

Welcome to Android Central! Perhaps the Home button is faulty, and overly sensitive. Do you find that it hardly takes any pressure to activate the Home button?

Edmundoluk

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

No it's not the home button. When I shut down the wifi and 4G connection (and reboot is necessary sometimes), the tablet stops recycling to the home screen. But if the connection is open, the tablet recycles to the home screen all by itself even when am not touching it. It's the craziest head-scratcher. I did notice that when I am playing a game on a locally installed app, the tablet does not recycle. Any web session - I have tried IE and Chrome and will try Firefox / Bing later - is guaranteed to get terminated and go back to the home screen. Then the machine regularly blinks and re-displays the home screen.

I even reset the tablet to factory state, and it did not make a difference.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

How about Safe Mode? This can tell you if the problem is due to a 3rd party app. This can be the case even after a factory reset, since some apps might have reinstalled automatically (if you didn't stop them yourself). https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-18895