I tried to connect my above mentioned device to my PC, running Windows 10 64 bit. The problem is, as soon as I connect it, the tab displays a cross on the charging icon. The PC does not recognize it either. It does not even detect it. No notification, no popup saying that the device isn't recognized. Nothing happens. And I don't think it's a problem with my cable. I've connected the cable and transferred files a hundred times before. What do you suppose I should do? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: The Tab is the 7 inch one, and runs Android 4.1.2, non-rooted.
    10-30-2015 05:52 AM
    The cross on the charging icon indicates the tablet thinks (correctly, in this case) that it is plugged into a computer.

I rather suspect that one of the data lines is not making a connection, and that is why the computer doesn't recognize the tablet. That would most likely be in the cable.

If you use the same cable with your stock charger, and you still get the cross in the charging icon then you definitely have to replace the cable.
    10-30-2015 11:56 AM
    I got Lenovo to check my laptop. Lenovo service centre ran diagnostic on the laptop and tried all USB cable and cannot explain why the laptop and Samsung Tab2 cannot recognized each others. I guessed Lenovo have employed half-baked staff or Samsung decided to make their products that can be connected to Samsung products only. Don't buy Samsung the next time.
    12-16-2016 02:49 AM
    I've discovered the likeliest cause of USB data connection issues: nothing more than dirt in the connector!

My Tab2 worked flawlessly until, all of a sudden, it would still charge but wasn't recognised. I'm reasonably IT literate and tried everything (different cables/ports, firewall, developer options, drivers, software reinstalls, USB device manager delete/restore, etc.).

In the end two drops of lens cleaner fluid into the port sorted it!

If your connection suddenly stops working, I'd seriously recommend something similar. However, you MUST ensure that any cleaning fluid used doesn't conduct and will not cause other damage (you can get specific fluid for cleaning electrical contacts). Also, do not use too much; a drop or two will suffice.

YOU FOLLOW THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!
    04-13-2017 04:04 AM