Hi there,

I was hoping someone may be able to assist me. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab a2 which I’ve owned since August last year. It works perfectly fine which is great like my other Samsung products but I need a little assistance with something I can’t seem to figure out.

I am trying to use an MHL cable to transmit my tablet screen to my TV. I’ve checked and my TV (I only got it yesterday) is MHL compatible which apparently is alongside my tablet but it the screen doesn’t seem to come up on the TV. I’m aware there’s most likely a particular method to it but not sure what it is? The main thing is so I can watch apps like Netflix etc on it rather than set up my laptop which will be easier. I’ve checked and the cable I’m using should be fine also. I got it from Maplin – off the top of my head I think it’s a “5 point cable”. I got a 10 point before but I read that was incorrect.

Any help would be great, thank you 
    05-05-2017 04:08 AM
    Some TV's have a INPUT selection setting. Have you checked that?
    05-05-2017 10:22 AM
    Thanks for getting back to me. I changed it to the HDMI input that the cable ran into but it didn't recognise it as if there was nothing connected to it.
    05-05-2017 10:36 AM