OS update / Galaxy TAB 3 8.0 (model # SM-T310) / Jelly Bean 4.2.1

dudabarreto

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Holla Friends

I've just got (as a gift to my sons) 2 tablets made by SAMSUNG (TAB 3 8.0 / model # SM-T310). Problem is those tablets were bought on a Samsung official dealer in China (city of Guangzhou / original product). When I arrived back in my country (Brazil) I've discovered that tablets manufactured for internal use (China) come "blocked" for any GOOGLE apps (as the main one, GOOGLE PLAY). Technicians says I need to download a version of the OS (Jelly Bean 4.2.1) that is used on machines manufactured to other markets, as US, Canada, Europe (even for Brazil). They say I don't need a root (this is used by apps developers) but indeed, a download of the OS (for this specific model) made for other markets than China. SAMSUNG Brazil says they can not help me for this product is not sold in our market...ANY help on this issue will be immensely appreciated!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I'm not sure if you have found your answer (it's been a long time), but if you haven't, try checking with Samsung on a replacement device that is compatible with your region.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21