Can Samsung Galaxy Tab3, 7.0, WiFi be flashed using Haimdall?

androidusernl

Feb 21, 2019
Visit site
As Odin in Windows does not do the trick of flashing stock ROM onto the Tab3, 7.0 WiFi device, I'll now try to do that using Haimdall on FWUL.
Yet I then need to have seperate .img files as Haimdall works with seperate files instead of that big tar.md5 file like Odin in Windows uses.
The obvious first question would be like how to get that done, what tools do I need to get those .img files out of this big stock ROM?
Second question would be did anyone try this successfully on a device like Tab3 7.0 WiFi?
So far, I already downloaded from and rewrite PIT onto the device successfully.
But when it comes to to write into 'recovery' with a renamed file (TWRP 3.0.0-0.img) recovery.img, the process fails with this error 'failed to confirm end file transfer sequence'.
So why does it fail, did I do something wrong, or missed something?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the KitKat forum to the Tab3 Rooting/ROMs forum for more specific traffic.

androidusernl

Feb 21, 2019
Visit site
My tablet device is a Samsung Tab3, 7.0, 8GB, WiFi, Android v4.4.2.
It's been rooted by KingOroot and worked flawlessly.
That is, until the anti virus program F-Secure was installed.
After the installation of the anti virus program, I didn't use the device for some days.
That's the beginning of all misery.
From the moment I fired up the Tab3 again and logging into the device, messages in a window keep popping up stating 'the program has stopped', followed by something that look like a crash and the device restarted again.
After logging in again, same thing happens all over again.
Later on, even when only firing up the device and not logging in, after several minutes, the same thing happen, over and over again.
So my guess is that Android crashes.
The problem here is that there's just not enough time to disable apps or change any system settings, the popup windows have to be closed first and after that the device seem to crash.
With Odin on Windows I remain unable to upload and install anything, regardless of the version I used.
The only version seem to upload successfully, was version 3.07, but then again, no status indicator shows up while downloading on the Tab3.
This means that Tab3 was unable to successfully download the files.
So then I had FWUL (on USB) and found Haimdall, to give it yet one more try.
And guess what ....
Now I am able to upload and install files on the Tab3 after selecting a PIT file, I also see the status indicator on the Tab3, which I remain unable to see when trying to upload files onto the Tab3.
So it means that this is not an hardware problem, but a software one ... right?

Next I converted stock ROM to .tar to unzip the file, just to see what's inside.
I found 6 image files:
system.img, hidden.img, boot.img, recovery.img, cache.img, NVM.img.

Haimdall uses .img files for partitions, and I uploaded 4 image files I found in the stock ROM.

The image file I could not upload successfully, was the recovery.img file.
And boot.img I didn't seem to need, that's what I've understood.

All other files I remain unable to upload successfully to the Tab3.
In the log I found 'unable to upload file'.

Who can help me out here?

Last edited:

androidusernl

Feb 21, 2019
Visit site
Using Haimdall, I successfully uploaded 4 image files to the Tab3.
Now I need to know what the next steps are to take, in order to get the Android OS re-installed.
As for now, when I reboot the device after uploading the images to the Tab3, it doesn't start installing anything, instead the same thing happens and the device boot up with all the previous settings, then it seem to crash.
These 4 image files I downloaded on the Tab3:
system.img, hidden.img, cache.img and NVM.img.
B.t.w, download of all other files failed with logged message 'failed to upload the file'.
After the download from Haimdall, I'd try to shutdown the Tab3, but that didn't work at the first try.
When I pressed (and kept) the power button to shut the device down, it then automatically rebooted again, so I immediately released the power button and pressed it again before the brand logo appears.
It took me 4 times until the device finally did really shut down and stayed off.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR