Questions about Input and Output with the Galaxt Tab-3

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
The Galaxy Tab-3 uses a micro USB for charging. The Samsung web site says there is an adapter made to output HDMI with the Tab-3 This is something the Tab-2 could not do!

There is an adapter for the Tab-2 that is called an OTG Adapter and let you connect USB devices to the Tab like a keyboard and a mouse. It really works great! Of course this adapter will not work with the Tab-3 because it uses the wide plug found on the Tab-2

I have not found any information about connecting a mouse or keyboard to the Tab-3! Anyone tried this yet? Had any success?

I have a small bluetooth keyboard that links up to the Tab-3 and has a simple mouse built in and it works very well.

Let us know what you find out about the new Tab-3

mission_mode

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
The Tab 3 (at least my 8") is supposed to support both OTG and MHL. One of the reviews I read before buying the tablet mentioned it. I've ordered an OTG cable from Amazon and if it works I'll post about it.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I found out the Tab-3 does not work with an OTC Adapter! Before I purchased the 7" Tab-3 I checked online to be sure it had HDMI video output and was OTC Compatible. Both adapters were available from Samsung and on Ebay. Everyone has found out this is just not true about the OTC adapter. They are no longer available from Samsung and have been discontinued! The OTC adapters are supposed to work with the 8" Model!

The HDMI Adapter is still available from Samsung!

In case you are wondering a OTC adapter allows you to attach a mouse, keyboard or thumb drive to your Tab. Otc adapters work with many phones and tablets and work with the Tab-2.

I returned my Tab-3 today and got a refund! Glad I didn't get it on Ebay!

GC736

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I have an OTC adapter that I purchased for my S3 and it also works with my Tab 3 10.1. I even used it today to charge my phone from my tablet during a long flight.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

mission_mode

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the following

Asuxtek? Tablet Micro USB Host OTG Cable - Micro USB B/Male to USB2.0 A/Female OTG Host Cable for Nexus 7, Samsung Note 8.0, P3110, Note 10.1, N10 etc.(Black)
Asuxtek? Tablet Micro USB Host OTG Cable - Micro USB B/Male to USB2.0 A/Female OTG Host Cable for Nexus 7, Samsung Note 8.0, P3110, Note 10.1, N10 etc.(Black): Amazon.ca: Electronics

and it seems to work properly. I've got to figure out key mappings for some games (I guess that's what the apps are for) but its definitely working with a MadCatz USB controller I bought a few years ago.

Abu Hasan

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
yes i have tried connecting keyboard with galaxy tab 3 with Otg connector but it does not connect.
Some shopkeeper say that its port is defected by company and some says Tab 3 does not support Otg.
I have also tried to connect many pendrive to it via Otg but it does not connect.
what should i do????
does samsung rolling an update to fix this.

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
The Samsung Galaxy Tab HDMI adaptor and the Samsung Galaxy USB connection kit (both sold on the samsung website) work great with the Tab 3 8.0.

I have watched movies, videos and photos on my TV, using the HDMI adaptor and I have connected my thumb drive, camera and mouse to my tab 3 8.0 using the Samsung Galaxy USB connection kit. I don't see why the keyboard wouldn't work....but I haven't tried it.

I have no idea if these work on the Tab 3 7.0

Posted via Android Central App

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung tab 3 10.1. What hdmi cable do I need? I tried the mhl micro usb to hdmi from Best Buy and I didn't work. I want to watch movies from my tab on the tv. I also have a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone. So a cable that works with both would be cool but I really need one for the tab 3 10.1. Thanks