Galaxy Tab 3: Screen Doesn't Rotate Anymore

anon(5021)

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Zeinab,

Try going to Settings - Display and making sure you have Auto rotate enabled.... also settings - Accessibility might have the option as well

chem90

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
My screen stopped rotating, and the option to lock screen, restart, and power off was no longer available. So I allowed the battery to drain the phone and shut it down. I waited 30 seconds to recharge, and turned the phone on 5 minutes later. Everything worked again. The only thing I can think of that caused the problem was the addition of the XFinity TV app., which I had just added a day earlier.

AnJil

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Zeinab,

Try going to Settings - Display and making sure you have Auto rotate enabled.... also settings - Accessibility might have the option as well

Thank you very much. Even though it was so simple, it was very helpful. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
That is really funny I thought my Tab was just starting to mess up and then I read this forum ,specifically your post and it hit right at home . See I just put the xfinity ap on it and it started to mess up so I guess that I just found what the cause of the problem is . I will try your method and I will let this forum know if it worked .Thanks a lot for posting your problem so descriptively .

Chris Broussard

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Hey I need someone to tell my why my tablet doesn't rotate anymore

I had the same problem. I looked relentlessly to find "auto rotate screen" in my settings but could not find it. Eventually (in Settings) I did a search for "auto rotate screen". It magically showed up in the search results with an empty check box on the right side. I checked the box and presto, my auto-rotate was up and functioning again. I believe the Samsung tablet sometimes gets confused while using different apps and somehow the "auto rotate screen" is locked-out. I believe Mr. Auto Rotate becomes angry and unchecks the box and hides himself from the menu ... but when you do a search and look for Auto Rotate and check the box, he somehow finds his way back to the menu.

I thought "Auto Rotate Screen" would belong under "Display". As it ends up, its designated position is under "Accessibility". The same issue periodically re-occurs and doing the Settings search always puts me back into the rotating business.

BTW, Auto Rotate seems to get occasionally confused when I over load the Scrap Booker App.

NYCDogUsr

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
My auto-rotate stopped working as well. Went to Display, no auto-rotate. Did a search but it didn't turn up. Frustrated I turned to Google, which anticipated my problem. CNET popped up saying that Google downloaded something in "Google Now" which interferes with auto-rotate and suggested I go to Google Play and download the Auto-Rotate Widget. I did it, was told to pull down screen on home page and there was auto-rotate! Turned it on and problem solved.

prajen60

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I just bought samsung Galaxy Tab S2 10.1 ( 2016 Mashmallow model)
The problem is I cannot set for Auto screen rotate.
I have check in the Settings and Accessibility and can't find the Auto Screen Rotate mode.
The older model has this option.
Would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me this problem.
Regards.