SD or USB Card Reader adapter Available???

Jason S4

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the Tab 10.1 and am thinking about upgrading before a 5 week long trip this fall. I will be taking a lot of pictures and am staying in locations with free wifi.
Does anyone know if there is a SD card reader that will work on the Tab3? I know it has a mini SD card slot in it, but I would like to take pictures with my digital camera while travelling and load them onto the Tab for sharing. I know I could use the mini SD card adapter in my camera with a mini sd card in it, but that may be a lot of fuss.

Thanks

Jason S4

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I already have one of those, but I am wondering if there is a SD card reader that I can attach vis the mini usb port on the Tab 3 so that I can use my current selection of SD cards in my camera and then put them in the card reader and attach that the Tab3 so I can upload my pictures to my Google Dive or drop box accounts when I am travelling.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I already have one of those, but I am wondering if there is a SD card reader that I can attach vis the mini usb port on the Tab 3 so that I can use my current selection of SD cards in my camera and then put them in the card reader and attach that the Tab3 so I can upload my pictures to my Google Dive or drop box accounts when I am travelling.

Oh. Well then. I guess you could use a OTG cable Amazon.com: T & S Electronics Micro USB OTG Cable - LIFETIME WARRANTY! (Micro USB OTG to USB Adapter. Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC ONE, Nexus 7 & Nexus 10, Galaxy Tab 3, ASUS MeMOPad, and all OTG compatible devices.: Computers & Accessories
with an USB to SD reader Kodak SD Card Reader/Writer : Cameras & Camcorders | RadioShack.com

PS... there is no guarantee this will work. Some devices cannot read a OTG cable

Jason S4

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
On Samsung Canada's Facebook page they said that it is possible and they actually make a Micro usb to usb adapter. Except that it is only available in the States, not here in Canada.

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
If you buy the Samsung USB Connection Kit, you can tranfers your photos right from your camera to your Tab 3 ... no need for an SD card adapter.

Posted via Android Central App

David Plumley

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried to transfer photos from a camera to the Tab3? The camera coonects OK, but the Tab3 considers the camera to be a temporary extension of itself. The photos on the memory card in the camera are viewed as a photo album. HOWEVER, I could find no way to transfer the pictures to the Tab3. You can only do that from external memory (a USB pendrive, for instance). BUT, picture files (JPEG, for instance) copied manually from an extenal sojrce are not viewed as an album. You can't scroll them nor make a slideshow from them.
We want to do exactly the same thing as you (transfer photos to the Tab3), but we can't find a way of doing it so the the Tab3 sees the pictures as an album.
Have you managed to xo it? Where have we gone wrong?
(Sorry for the typos....)
David.

rhanan56

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I have two tools on my S3: ASTRO File Manager, and Network Places. Try those for accessing the files on the extSD and transferring them to the Tab, or straight to your Cloud.
Robert
Winnipeg

Sconato

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
OTG Adapters DO NOT WORK with the TAB-3. One of the reasons I returned it!

I recently purchased a Zek Card Reader and it seems to be working fine to transfer pictures from my camera to my tab, both via usb and via card insertion. 1GB of pictures takes about 3 minutes, without using the external power source. I haven't yet tried connecting it to a usb keyboard or external drive.

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried to transfer photos from a camera to the Tab3? The camera coonects OK, but the Tab3 considers the camera to be a temporary extension of itself. The photos on the memory card in the camera are viewed as a photo album. HOWEVER, I could find no way to transfer the pictures to the Tab3. You can only do that from external memory (a USB pendrive, for instance). BUT, picture files (JPEG, for instance) copied manually from an extenal sojrce are not viewed as an album. You can't scroll them nor make a slideshow from them.
We want to do exactly the same thing as you (transfer photos to the Tab3), but we can't find a way of doing it so the the Tab3 sees the pictures as an album.
Have you managed to xo it? Where have we gone wrong?
(Sorry for the typos....)
David.

The Samsung USB Connection Kit, allows you transfer/copy your photos right from your camera to your Tab 3 ... no need for an SD card adapter. I do this all the time, when I travel.

Hanss1

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I got a OTG adapter for the 10,1 " and it does not work. The tablet is freezing up and even a restart does not work. I wait a half hour before it starts working again. I had it one time working and then you can only see one photo as a file and can`t swipe or transfer them.

Hanss1

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I solved the problem for me. I returned the tablet and got a new one which had the same problem. Returned it again and got my money back. I got myself now a iPad air for ? 100,00 more and it works like a dream.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I solved the problem for me. I returned the tablet and got a new one which had the same problem. Returned it again and got my money back. I got myself now a iPad air for ? 100,00 more and it works like a dream.

So you're saying your OTG cable works like a dream on your iPad?
Interesting.
Are you sure you even owned a Samsung?
You're sounding a bit like a troll.

tommy999

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue. Wanted to transfer pics straight from camera to Tab 3 10.1. Picked up an OTG cable from ebay for $1.99 inc shipping. Works great. Transfers directly from my camera to tablet. Also disconnect the camera and plug in a usb stick and back up to that from tablet as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair