Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 connected to wifi but no internet

HighlandMike

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a Tab 3 7 wifi only with the same issue. It's clearly the clock...When I reset it to the correct time, wifi and the internet work fine. The issue is that it repeatedly resets the time to 1/1/12 12am, requiring manual resetting of the time about half the time I turn it on. Am considering returning, as I have a few days left. I contacted Samsung today, they seem to have no idea that this happens.

663cinema

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much for this post! For everyone out there that is looking for the solution in this forum THIS IS THE ANSWER. I don't understand it, but as soon as I set my date and time correctly again it started working!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ricky4fun. You are my hero...today

AnfieldArtist

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Here is an easy fix - goto settings > Applications > Samsung apps > clear data/cache . . . THATS IT ! !. . . when you open Samsung apps it then asks for you to accept the term & conditions for use :)

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
My tab worked fine for a month then 4 days ago my wi fi said it was connected, everything else in my house worked, but I couldnt connect to anything online. I checked the date&time, it said jan 1st 2011 for whatever reason, I changed it back and my wi fi worked right away. Now when I leave the house I have to turned off my wi fi or it reset again but it works everytime I reset the date. Hope it helps.

Same thing here, wasn't working and noticed the date change. But didn't realize changing it back would fix. It did. Thanks much! Happy, happy, joy, joy!

Karine Scott

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I've double checked the date and it's right. I'd like to try changing my wifi settings, but I don't know how. Can anyone help me?

Ann262

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my Tab 3. It worked great for about 1/2 a day and quit. I got it going again for about 1/2 a day and it quit. Now I can't connect to the Internet even though I am connected to my home WIFI with a strong connection and it is the only device using it. I have shut down, rebooted, cleared the cache, checked the date and time. I have tried all of the fixes listed in this thread and none of them work.

I am beyond frustrated. I think this tablet is going back. I am afraid if I get it going again, it will work for a short time and I will be back here again only then it will be too late to return this.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my Tab 3. It worked great for about 1/2 a day and quit. I got it going again for about 1/2 a day and it quit. Now I can't connect to the Internet even though I am connected to my home WIFI with a strong connection and it is the only device using it. I have shut down, rebooted, cleared the cache, checked the date and time. I have tried all of the fixes listed in this thread and none of them work.

I am beyond frustrated. I think this tablet is going back. I am afraid if I get it going again, it will work for a short time and I will be back here again only then it will be too late to return this.

You can try clearing cache in recovery. That might help. I think this will work for the Tab 3: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html
If the Tab 3 has a physical home button, follow instructions for the S3.

WasiWasbourne

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I saw somebody wondering why this was breaking the app wifi connection. This is a complete shot in the dark here, although it's a fairly educated one. Most wifi-using apps will keep track of the date and time independently, on their own servers, and check that against the time and date registered on your device. Now, if you're off by a couple hours, it'll most likely assume that you're in a different time zone. Off by a few years, then there probably either isn't code to handle that exception, or it blocks your out for security reasons. I'm guessing the flip between those two is different for every app. As for how to fix it in the future, perhaps Samsung should add a server time/date sync feature *shrugs* Mostly guesses in here, but it's more of an attempt at an answer to that question than I've seen so far. If anyone can confirm or correct this, feel free.

Tareq Hussain

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
i have had this problem this morning check the date and time on your tab. mine was off when changed it worked alright agen

This worked i only realised after reading this comment. it was a odd suggestion but i found the date and time were incorrect. I simply corrected them in the settings. Switched off my wifi and On it again and the apps were able to connect to the internet. I am going to try updating into through samsung kies to make sure.

Tareq Hussain

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
My time keeps resetting every time i on the tablet this is really ticking me off as i have to manually reset it every time otherwise my apps do not work.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this.

Sideman1

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
My Tab 3 was doing this date thing for about a week. I just kept resetting it, then for no apparent reason it stayed correct. It's been fine for a month and a half now.

I'd love to reveal the secret fix, but I have no clue what changed. Welcome to the wonderful world of Samsung!?!?!

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
My sons tab 3 7.0 kids edition did it only once about a week after christmas. I reset time and date and it's been fine ever since. As long as it stays that way I wont ask anymore questions.