Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 connected to wifi but no internet

QuyenN

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, please see if you have the same problem fixed and help me.
I bought my Galaxy Tab 3 yesterday, it was going well until this morning. Suddently it cant connect to internet. The wifi signal still shows connected but no internet.
I tried to change to different wifi hotspot, restart the device, turn off and on wifi, delete current wifi detail ... But it didnt work.
Can anyone help me? :(
Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where are the wifi hotspots you're trying--are they at home, or at school or work? If they're at some place like school, it's possible that there's a problem with the school's network. I've also seen several posts about people having problems connecting tablets to university wifi networks--not really sure why that is, but it might have to do with the security settings on the hotspots.

Are there other people who can connect to those hotspots, or can you connect other devices to those hotspots? If you can, then it's clearly a problem with your Tab. Since you just bought it, you might want to consider returning or exchanging it while you can.

mission_mode

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Also, are you just using Apps or have you tried launching a browser. Many public Wifi or even the "guest" SSID on a personal router require you to launch a web page and give either a login or some indication that you accept their terms of service before going on to use their internet. Sometimes Android will inform you and launch your browser, sometimes it won't do it on its own.

QuyenN

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all for your help.
I tried to connect to wifi at work (which only used by 3 ppl) and my home's wifi without login page. Other devices went well, except my Tab.
After 2 days it connected to wifi well, then stayed well for 1 day, and then continue like that. I asked the service center but they have no idea about this. I left my Tab for them to check a week now, hope that they will give me a new one.

Nathan Cogburn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Did you ever find out what happened. It sounds like the same thing is happening to my sons Samsung tab 3. He has been fine the last couple weeks, now all of the sudden his apps will not connect but his browser will.

Marvin Carpenter

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem. It worked for three days and then it stopped browsing, but showed a strong connection. I went through the normal modem reboot steps, but that didn't help. Must be a bug. I returned it to Best Buy for a refund. You can go to the Samsung site. They sent a large reply to me with a lot of suggestions. The tablet looks nice, but I don't need the headaches. I am looking to buy another device, but I don't know what to buy.

Lauren Green

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello.

I have the same problem with my samsung galaxy S3. I have great, strong WIFI at home that runs my old iphone, computer and lap top. Yet although my phone says it is connect (with full strength) it either takes ages to load or doesn't at all. I get so annoyed with it, that I turn it off and use my phone's internet. Meaning I go over my cap each month. Anyone have any thoughts? It is becoming very frustrating

as1010

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with my daughters Galaxy tab 3
I solved it by doing a firmware upgrade using the Samsung Kies software on my PC.
A word of warning. The firmware download is large and can take up to an hour to complete the upgrade.
This is a multi step process so you will have to be patient and wait for it to complete before you remove it from the usb connection.
This may seem a drastic fix for what should be a simple problem, but hopefully, Samsung have provided a permanent fix for this problem.
Hope this Helps.

Marie Lynn

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem with my Tablet too, I just got the Samsung Galaxy Tablet 3 not that long ago, maybe a couple weeks, and I always have a good wifi connection, but sometimes out of the blue the Play Store and any application that I've downloaded that has to do with the internet, won't open, yet I will be able to get onto the internet and chrome browers just fine. I reset the tablet twice now, both working at fixing my problem, but I don't want to keep on resetting the tablet over and over just to be able to use it, losing all my files and data in the process !

Andrew Matthews1

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Dont have a solution but same thing has happened to my daughters tab 3 7". Worked well for a few days. But now connects to wifi but wont download anything. All my other devices (laptop and s4) working fine. Guess you get what you pay for.

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I had some WiFi issues when I first got my tab a few weeks ago. Changed the WPA encryption from AES to TKIP and it's been flawless ever since.

MisMatch81

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
My tab worked fine for a month then 4 days ago my wi fi said it was connected, everything else in my house worked, but I couldnt connect to anything online. I checked the date&time, it said jan 1st 2011 for whatever reason, I changed it back and my wi fi worked right away. Now when I leave the house I have to turned off my wi fi or it reset again but it works everytime I reset the date. Hope it helps.

thephenomenon101

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi Thanks... your tip worked. I changed my wifi network setting to TKIP from AES and my Tab 3 started working! However, my old device Galaxy S was working on an AES encryption seamlessly. Wondering why the new Tab 3 had this problem. Thanks a lot!

stuzun

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
İ have the same problem. It came out of the blue after using the new galaxy pad 3 7" for a month. It resets the date and time to 1.1.2012 by itself and can't use the internet until i set the correct date and time. It sounds like a common problem for everyone. Damn Samsung, never had any problem with my old Motorola XOOM

Last edited:

misheel921

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, please see if you have the same problem fixed and help me.
I bought my Galaxy Tab 3 yesterday, it was going well until this morning. Suddently it cant connect to internet. The wifi signal still shows connected but no internet.
I tried to change to different wifi hotspot, restart the device, turn off and on wifi, delete current wifi detail ... But it didnt work.
Can anyone help me? :(
Thanks!
Check the time and date it has to be wrong. Correct it. Like checking the box local time and etc.. mine went well after doing this although i was amazed haha

Base Junior

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
hey everynone i had the same problem i noticed my date and time had been changed try making sure your phone has he proper date and time good luck

lunytnz

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tip about the Date and Time. Found the date set to Jan 1, 2012 and set it to the current date and, magic!, just as suddenly, the apps will now connect. Has anyone found out why, or how, the date suddenly gets set to 1/1/2012? (how can you prevent this from happening in the future?). And... why does the wrong date cause app connections to break? I was totally surprised that this fix worked... I don't think I've run into a more bizarre software problem on any computer, EVER.