Is it bad that I like Touchwiz?

anon(5743667)

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I've been playing with my girlfriend's new Galaxy S4 and I find the interface to be very intuitive and easy to use. I actually like most of the stuff Samsung has crammed into their Android skin, especially all the "S" gimmicks. I like it so much that I'm actually considering buying a Galaxy Tab 3 over a Nexus 7. I find stock Android too boring and simplistic.

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Touchwiz is bloaty and if you turn your phone sideways you have to remove your head and place it alongside your phone.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Nothing to be ashamed of Anthony, I like Touch Wiz too and the additional Apps Samsung provides. I also like all of the refinements Samsung adds to all of the generic standard Android Apps one would get on a Nexus 7 or basic Andriod tablet.

But that's me, others like to root their tablets and do their own thing......that's the great thing about Andriod, you have choices.

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I like TouchWiz myself. Specifically I like to easily select and change fonts on the fly (try that with an unrooted Nexus device). I also like built-in OTG support. Nexus? Not so much there. Samsung knows that all the extra features of TouchWiz have their costs and so we're seeing stronger and stronger hardware to keep up. Who has the first phone with 3GB of RAM? Um, that'd be Samsung thank you very much. Don't need all the features? Disable them and get your horsepower back for whatever YOU want it for.

hooksy7

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I personally like touchwiz as well. I came from iOS. The great thing is with android you can customize it to fit your needs. I didn't mind htc sense as well. Each adds their own unique touch. I personally don't care for a vanilla os. But to each his own. That's what makes Android great in my opinion. Like previous post said, u can disable a lot of the samsung features if that's what u like.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

TheSuperSteve

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
You're not alone. I too find stock Android to be too boring for my tastes. TouchWiz fits my needs just fine, and I'm happy with my Samsung devices after switching from iOS.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I like stock Android, but I prefer Touch wiz. I like the added functionality and I think it looks better too.

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I've been playing with my girlfriend's new Galaxy S4 and I find the interface to be very intuitive and easy to use. I actually like most of the stuff Samsung has crammed into their Android skin, especially all the "S" gimmicks. I like it so much that I'm actually considering buying a Galaxy Tab 3 over a Nexus 7. I find stock Android too boring and simplistic.

I think TouchWiz as implemented on the Note devices is great. I've been holding off on getting the new Nexus 7 because I want to see what the next Note 8 offers.

Posted via Android Central App

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
No, it's not bad at all!
It's your choice, and that's what matters! :thumbup::cool:

My Galaxy S4 is the first Samsung phone I've ever owned, and I do like it very, very much!

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
If TouchWiz had wallpaper scroll, I wouldn't be using Nova right now. It is functional enough and looks good. I'm just a geek for wallpaper.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk 4

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I never understood why people disliked Touch Wiz so much but remarked about Sense. I have always preferred Touch Wiz to any of the skins. At one time I did like stock Android but after having it for a while, not so much.

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I also like Touch Wiz. Samsung has done a lot of research to find out what people need/want that the basic Android experience doesn't offer. The beauty of all these add ons is the customization factor, which allows companies like Samsung and HTC to offer these feature rich phones/media devices.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I used to not like tw. I enjoy it and the functionality. Staying stock samsung style.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I used to not like tw. I enjoy it and the functionality. Staying stock samsung style.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yea, this is my first Samsung phone and I didn't have any trouble getting use to it.
Don't know why many people don't like it, apparently millions more do like it. :thumbup::cool:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

WhaleTrain

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
My opinion really is that Android should be more like iOS in the fact of "UI Restrictions". What I mean is that I hate all these bloated UIs manufactures place on the devices. Google should have a policy that manufactures can't mess with the stock look of Android full stop. They can customize to their liking but UI HAS to stay the same. Yes I know Android is all about Open Source etc but they should leave the UI to Google as I find it's the best out there. I hated and still hate the days where carriers bloat the phones up to and add their own ways of doing things. I.e Verizon branded phones, O2, Orange, Vodaphone etc. They all make the phones look ugly.

Back on subject, Touchwiz is horrible, although I like it with the S4 and Tab 3. Touchwiz needs to be rid of. There are even petitions online of "Touchwiz needs to die".

I have heard that they are workign on some UI improvements which are nice.

Source:
New leak suggests Samsung working on a revamped Touchwiz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton