Sprint Galaxy Tab 3 7" $49.99 with new agreement

BoredandTattooed

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I bought 3, 1 for all my kids.... For that price I don't mind paying 15/month for 2gb of data - they'll use WiFi at home anyways , just means they'll get data on the go now too..

weknsmith

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I purchased one too. I was a little disappointed that it doesn't support the 800 Mhz LTE band, but it is a nice lower end tablet and you can't beat the price.

I'm not sure if I am going to stick with the $15 for 2 GB for the whole contract or drop down to the $5 for 50 MB. Yeah, $5 for 50 MB is a rip-off, but if I only use it on WiFi it would save $240 over the life of the contract.

BoredandTattooed

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Only reason I grabbed that plan is one of the daughters doesn't live with me and doesn't have WiFi at home

And we spend a lot of time running around, the tabs can use data on the road now if needed

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Anyone run into issues trying to run things. I use a tablet for reading, social media, and casual games like angry birds and Pinball. The tegra 2 chip is not cutting it anymore in my Asus and I just want something for when I'm on the road and don't have WiFi. Think this will work?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

weknsmith

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I read somewhere that Skype video calls don't work on the Galaxy Tab 3. I don't use Skype and haven't tried to confirm the issue.

There are a couple of the apps that I use that aren't eligible for install from the Google Play store, but none of them were that important.

Everything that I have installed & used has worked fine so far.

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I pulled the trigger. It is too good of a deal with the $5 plan. I use wifi 90% of the day and the other 10% is in the car. So I should be good witht hat $5 plan. Seems like a good tablet so far.

got berry

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for a new tablet to replace my Asus tf300 but really could use the cellular connection. I use the Galaxy Note 2 on Sprint and worry this is going to be just to similar to my phone as far as size is concerned. Anyone have any input with using a 7" tablet with the Note 2?

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I am looking for a new tablet to replace my Asus tf300 but really could use the cellular connection. I use the Galaxy Note 2 on Sprint and worry this is going to be just to similar to my phone as far as size is concerned. Anyone have any input with using a 7" tablet with the Note 2?

I am due for a phone upgrade and wanted the note or HTC One Max because I have a TF101 that just is not cutting it. Buying this negates any phone over 5.5" and I only go that big because I have big hands. A Note or the Max just is too close. It seems redundant and mobile wise where would you see any reason to use a 7 inch tablet over the Note. Even an 8 inch device has lacking of that extra piece to give you a real need. 10 inch tablet or something like the Transformer which has a keyboard dock, it makes sense because there are things I do on there that I'd never do on the phone because of my fat fingers and the extra view screen on the Transformer. Plus it has the USB ports and HDMI out.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk 4

MaTtKs1

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Got my Tab 3 from Sprint today. Just one question. Am I a dumbo for assuming that I could use this device to make calls? I assumed that since a phone number was assigned to the device, that I would have the option to use it to place calls.

Not going to lie, I was pretty disappointed after speaking with a rep (who initially said that I could place calls, I'd just need to change my plan) when I found out that I was mistaken. I mean, it's got a phone number and is on the 4G LTE network. Perhaps it was silly of me to assume, but I've never purchased a device that wasn't a phone on a network, as all other tablets have been WiFi only.

In any case, I'll keep it for a few days and see if it's worth the extra $15 that I'll be paying.

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Got my Tab 3 from Sprint today. Just one question. Am I a dumbo for assuming that I could use this device to make calls? I assumed that since a phone number was assigned to the device, that I would have the option to use it to place calls.

Not going to lie, I was pretty disappointed after speaking with a rep (who initially said that I could place calls, I'd just need to change my plan) when I found out that I was mistaken. I mean, it's got a phone number and is on the 4G LTE network. Perhaps it was silly of me to assume, but I've never purchased a device that wasn't a phone on a network, as all other tablets have been WiFi only.

In any case, I'll keep it for a few days and see if it's worth the extra $15 that I'll be paying.

Not dumb at all because I've seen a few people mention tablets that are LTE and getting to make voice calls. The fact I handle my works cellular devices is why I know the reason behind the numbers. A phone number is a contract number to carriers. They can change the number but any device that has a similar has a number, even hotspots.

I got mine Monday and I've used it with Goto meeting and Google Voice just like a phone.

Also a note, turn off the mobile network, drop your plan to $5 a month and you are paying the price for an 8gb wifi version over two years.

Written in TapaTalk Pro

MaTtKs1

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Not dumb at all because I've seen a few people mention tablets that are LTE and getting to make voice calls. The fact I handle my works cellular devices is why I know the reason behind the numbers. A phone number is a contract number to carriers. They can change the number but any device that has a similar has a number, even hotspots.

I got mine Monday and I've used it with Goto meeting and Google Voice just like a phone.

Also a note, turn off the mobile network, drop your plan to $5 a month and you are paying the price for an 8gb wifi version over two years.

Written in TapaTalk Pro

How do you have Voice set up? Every way I tried required Google to call the number for verification....but the Tab can't receive calls.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
How do you have Voice set up? Every way I tried required Google to call the number for verification....but the Tab can't receive calls.

Voice I've only texted from as I use my actual cell for phone calls once every few days. Goto meeting I've used with the voice chat. Only way for phone calls are Skype and some other Voip apps.

Written in TapaTalk Pro

MaTtKs1

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Voice I've only texted from as I use my actual cell for phone calls once every few days. Goto meeting I've used with the voice chat. Only way for phone calls are Skype and some other Voip apps.

Written in TapaTalk Pro

Did you link the phone number of your Tab to Google Voice? Got a quick few steps to follow? Played around with it the other night and couldn't get past the phone call verification issue. Thanks!

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Did you link the phone number of your Tab to Google Voice? Got a quick few steps to follow? Played around with it the other night and couldn't get past the phone call verification issue. Thanks!

Voice wants to pass the phone call to my phone.

Written in TapaTalk Pro

AZBrowncoat

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Voice wants to pass the phone call to my phone.

Written in TapaTalk Pro

You can turn this off in Google Voice setting I believe...uncheck whatever 'real' phone number you used to setup GV. I tried setting up an LTE iPad using the number assigned by the carrier but it didn't seem to work. Ended up setting GV up with my Mobile number and then turning off the forwarding to that number.

I have noticed that GV seems to work better with my Android Tab than my iPad as far as receiving tests goes...

What I'm wondering is if an LTE enabled Android Tablet, with Google Voice installed - could realistically replace a cell phone?

My family rarely places calls to each other (or anyone else for that matter) anymore...I'd guess that 90% of our communication now is via text message.

Last edited:

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been eying this Sprint deal but I'm starting to think that it won't be good for me. :banghead:

If Sprint was doing at least 1GB for $5 then I'd probably be all over this. :thumbup::cool:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes I got one with the $15 2 gigabyte plan and I love it so far the $5 plan and $10 plan our ripoffs off

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Written in TapaTalk Pro

I also think that getting the $5/month plan works for me so finally, after thinking and thinking and thinking...

I went to a Sprint store last night and got it!

Well, they didn't have any in store so they ordered it, I'll probably have it by the weekend! :thumbup::cool:

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I also think that getting the $5/month plan works for me so finally, after thinking and thinking and thinking...

I went to a Sprint store last night and got it!

Well, they didn't have any in store so they ordered it, I'll probably have it by the weekend! :thumbup::cool:

I had it a week, ended up in the hospital, and it has worked great. Since I don't really need the flashy 1080p tablet experience this has played Netflix, Aereo, Pocketcasts(Podcasts), and the only issue I've found is a confirmed issue from Comixology report is I can't open my library in the app by going to My Books but going to each individual book I bought in their store I can. Only thing I'm sad about is I'm not sure if it will get 4.4. Only can hope for the printing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad