No light on back & home soft keys galaxy tab 3 7"

joha_bd

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Today I just bought a new samsung galaxy tab 3 7" and found that there is no light in soft lights ( back & home). Is there any way to turn those light on. Inside settings -> brightness there is no option about it. I also download soft light button app but still not working.

Model no: T211
Android ver: 4.1.2
Kernel ver: 3.4.5-x

Please suggest and help.

Thanks,
Johabd

Last edited:

weknsmith

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I can confirm that the Sprint LTE version of the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 also does not have any back lighting for the menu or back button.

I have mentioned a few times in other posts that the Tab 7.0 has to be considered a low end tablet. It really surprised me that Samsung felt the need to "save a few pennies" by cutting that feature.

The only reason I was willing to purchase one was because of the $49 price that Sprint currently offers. I wouldn't have paid the $179/$199 price for the WiFi version. At that price range the are quite a few tablets that are so much better.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
So, besides those soft keys not lighting up, what else is low end on this tablet? :banghead:

I like to know since I also was considering getting the Sprint deal!

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't have back light on the tab 3 7.0 soft keys, I think it's on the bigger models.

Posted via Android Central App

weknsmith

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
So, besides those soft keys not lighting up, what else is low end on this tablet? :banghead:

I like to know since I also was considering getting the Sprint deal!

The primary issue would be the screen resolution. My comparison tablets that have better specs include the Nexus 7 & Kindle Fire HD or HDX.

Keep in mind that the specs for the Sprint Galaxy Tab 3 7" are much better than the WiFi Galaxy Tab 3 7". You really can't rely on any of the reviews that are currently available online due to this difference.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, after thinking about it since this deal begun.
I finally went to a Sprint store last night and got it!

Actually, they didn't have any in store so they ordered it, I'll probably have it by the weekend! :thumbup::cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante