I am on the verge of buying a samsung tab 3, but now i have heard that it is not
    compatible with skype.
    Can somebody tell me if this is true?? Because being able to talk to my friends
    on Skype, without having to be sitting at my PC, is the main reason I want to buy the tablet.

Regards
    Pam R
    10-26-2013 11:30 PM
    I don't have one - but I do not see why it would not be! Hangout would work if you would like to use that and I know a Nexus 7 I believe is compatible.

I believe it works as on Samsungs Website they recommend apps like Skype for the Tab 3
    (Galaxy Tab 3 Tips and Tricks | Samsung Mobile Article)
    10-27-2013 02:56 AM
    I am on the verge of buying a samsung tab 3, but now i have heard that it is not
    compatible with skype.
    Can somebody tell me if this is true?? Because being able to talk to my friends
    on Skype, without having to be sitting at my PC, is the main reason I want to buy the tablet.

Regards
    Pam R
    It's totally compatible with Skype. They just pushed a new update out actually about 2 weeks ago, and Skype works like a charm. I'm using the Tab 3 10.1.
    10-27-2013 07:12 AM
    Thanks so much. I really appreciate the help on this forum.
    Just be warned that when I actually do buy one, this will most likely be my second home...
    I will have heaps of questions I am sure...
    Thanks again
    Pam R
    (P.S. I just can't believe that when I emailed Samsung to ask the same question, they told me they didnt know
    and to contact all sorts of other people....I'm just glad I came here first...Pam)
    10-27-2013 05:45 PM
    Skype works great on my tab3 8.0 with the latest update.

Sent from my SM-T310 using AC Forums mobile app
    10-27-2013 11:17 PM
    Skype works great on my tab3 8.0 with the latest update.

Thanks BlueDragon....Presumably when i go to buy mine, it will have all the latest updates installed..cos i wouldnt have a clue how to go about doing that....
    That will probably be my first question on here....Hopefully I will have it by Xmas....I am sending out major hints to my family...lol...Pam
    10-27-2013 11:54 PM
    The Google Play store should automatically update it for you along with any other updates.

Jason

10-28-2013 03:29 PM
    Thats excellent....thanks again Jason
    BigW have them on special apparently..just the 7 inch ones.
    I am going there this morning to take a look.....i wanted the 10 inch...cos i havent got the best eyesight in the world.
    Am wondering if that extra 3 inches is a heap of difference......specially for things like texting...
    I would appreciate any opinions on that please......
    Pam R
    10-28-2013 07:50 PM
    Thats excellent....thanks again Jason
    BigW have them on special apparently..just the 7 inch ones.
    I am going there this morning to take a look.....i wanted the 10 inch...cos i havent got the best eyesight in the world.
    Am wondering if that extra 3 inches is a heap of difference......specially for things like texting...
    I would appreciate any opinions on that please......
    Pam R
    Pammy37

Do yourself a favor and get the Tab 3 8.0.....it's better than the 7.0 and has more functionality than the 10.1. My eyes are not the best, but I have no trouble texting on the 8.0, you will be very pleased with it.
    10-29-2013 07:31 AM
    Oh my goodness..I cant believe how thankful I am that I "stumbled across" this forum.

You people are all so helpful. I so much appreciate it..!!
    How do you mean .."more functioanlity"..than the 10.1..????
    Layman's terms please....This is totally new territory for me.
    Regards and thanks to you all
    Pam R
    10-29-2013 09:00 AM
    Pammy37

Do yourself a favor and get the Tab 3 8.0.....it's better than the 7.0 and has more functionality than the 10.1. My eyes are not the best, but I have no trouble texting on the 8.0, you will be very pleased with it.

Personally, I love the 10.1. I wanted a big screen, as I needed a good alternative to using the little 4.5" screen on my smartphone. And watching TV and movies on it through Netflix, etc, is absolutely beautiful. Every time I'm sitting on an airplane with it I get loads of ooh's and ahh's.
    10-30-2013 04:37 AM
    Oh my goodness..I cant believe how thankful I am that I "stumbled across" this forum.

You people are all so helpful. I so much appreciate it..!!
    How do you mean .."more functioanlity"..than the 10.1..????
    terms please....This is totally new territory for me.
    Regards and thanks to you all
    Pam R
    The 8 inch has a better camera and a faster processor. There may be other differences that I am not aware of. However, my mom has the 10 inch version and she is very happy with it. My advice would be to go to a store that has both and try them out.

I installed Skype on my mom's tablet and it worked perfectly.

10-30-2013 09:33 PM
    Yes... I agree. You really need to handle both and decide which form factor works for you.
    10-31-2013 08:54 AM
    Skype doesn't work on the 7"...

You guys need to be specific with your generic responses of "play store updated Skype" ....for the 8" and 10" only
    11-01-2013 01:15 PM
    I unsuccessfully tried to run Skype on my tab. I uninstalled it and tried again with no luck. I tried to sign in but it would not load. I have the 7 inch tab.

Sent from my SM-T217S using AC Forums mobile app
    11-03-2013 09:02 AM
    I unsuccessfully tried to run Skype on my tab. I uninstalled it and tried again with no luck. I tried to sign in but it would not load. I have the 7 inch tab.

It only works on the 8 and 10 inch models.
    11-03-2013 10:04 PM
    I assume its the processor in the 7 that makes it not supported

11-04-2013 08:52 AM
    Skype for 7" now works also.. just update
    11-10-2013 12:03 AM
    Skype does work for me after the latest update was released.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
    BoredandTattooed likes this.
    11-10-2013 08:32 AM
    I was thinking about getting the Sprint GT3 7.0 for this very reason, but I also have heard that oovoo and tango work on the 7.0
    11-12-2013 03:14 PM