09-05-2016 03:42 AM
127 12345 ...
tools
    That absolutely worked. Getting that back cover off was no party. Took me like 15 minutes. Disconnecting the battery cable, then reconnecting it did the trick. I think what triggered this is a complete depletion of the batter. So if you don't let that happen, you shouldn't have this problem.
    03-26-2014 09:33 PM
    How did you go about making the claim?
    I bough mine less than a month ago and like stated there were no issues until today when I tried to charge it.
    03-31-2014 02:04 PM

What you'll need to do is watch this video (a how to video, you won't replace the battery, ignore the part about the screen replacement, just disconnect and reconnect battery cable), pop the back cover off the tablet, disconnect the battery cable (careful not to damage the circuit board), reconnect the battery cable, and replace the back cover. Connect the charger, within a minute the screen on the tablet will pulse/flicker which is good news, allow it to charge a while, turn on the device, shutdown the wireless wifi, click the power button to turn the screen dark again, and allow to charge for another 6 hours or till fully charged (while it's connected to wifi the background processes will affect the charge time, on a weak charger it may not even charge like from an usb port on a computer). What happened is you allowed the battery to run down till dead, on the newer android OS it seems they want the device powered on while charging instead of allowing the option to power off to charge faster (I think this way they get their metrics from us). It's a pain in the tail, but this will allow you to power back on the device without losing anything or go into developer's mode.
    Just joined this forum specially to say a massive thanks for this.
    Found it via a simple google search and seems to have worked a dream so far.
    Yes getting the edges off is a bit tricky and I have 2 cuts in my thumb from the very small screwdriver slipping!!
    Be very careful disconnecting the battery. The TAB 3 8inch is not quite the same inside as it shows in this video. Well mine isn't anyway but it's close enough.
    I've just put a bit of charge in and disabled wireless and it's now at 15% and charging again so it looks like all will be well.
    Fairly certain I didn't let my battery drain to nothing to create this fault in the first place but stuff happens.
    Just very pleased it's now working again.
    Cheers again.
    sunnysky01 and spudmc like this.
    04-06-2014 10:06 AM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 that would not charge no matter what. I tried the suggestions from this site and removed back cover, disconnected battery and removed it from the device. As soon as I connected the battery again it started charging again, perfectly. Thank you. Such a simple solution and it works. My recommendation is that you charge the battery before it completely dies. If it goes completely dead, the device won't charge and you will have to remove the battery all together to get it working again.
    04-06-2014 05:15 PM
    IT WORKS! Thank you!!
    04-06-2014 05:18 PM
    Last I heard, if you break the faceplate on the 8.0 your only recourse is to send it in, something about using a different adhesive than the other models.
    04-06-2014 11:54 PM
    Just wanted to say thanks for the video tutorial. Mine was giving me problems all day and this worked perfectly (besides me being a little rough with angrily prying it loose, but that's what a case is for right??)
    04-07-2014 02:54 PM
    Thank you wirelesscaller -- your solution worked perfectly...after I was regrettably informed 'There are no known issues with charging the Galaxy Tab 3'.

Two hints for others who may not have the proper tools to open the tablet case and subsequently 'lift' the connector for the battery:
    1. The corner of an old hotel plastic 'door key' or credit card can be used to pop the back of the case.
    2. I didn't have a pry tool, but improvised by threading a strong, non-conductive piece of dental floss under the connector wires and lifting the connector with it. ;-)

Again, thanks!
    04-08-2014 02:20 PM
    I'm having the same type of problem. Whenever I put my tab 3 on the charger, the numbers don't change but it indicates there is a chargrr plugged in and when I take the charger out my battery actually goes down as if it was never charging in the first place. Some one help a brotha out por favor!

Posted via Android Central App
    04-10-2014 04:59 PM
    Is it possible to start the tab 3 without the battery connected?

Is it possible to start the tab 3 without the backplate on?
    04-14-2014 04:56 PM
    It works like a magic! Thanks a lot, Wirelesscaller
    04-15-2014 08:04 PM
    I am having the same problem with my Android MI D. when I push my reset button nothing happens.
    04-24-2014 02:05 PM
    my tablet is only 21/2 months old are there any videos on how to take the back off and fix it? I am a senior with an android tablet that just won't work
    04-24-2014 02:10 PM
    Yea my plugins won't work and iv got 4 I have 20% battery left the dock inside is broken itself
    04-29-2014 08:46 PM
    the excact thing happened to me just now i puged it in to one of my chargers then tryed the other after ten minutes not noticeing it wouldnt work and then i even tryed my car charger and all 3 didnt work please help i dont know what to do
    04-30-2014 05:31 PM
    hey im just 12 yrs old kid i tried to open my galaxy tab 3 with a small knife it did great i disconnected the battery and reconnect and charge it now my tablet is working fine
    05-04-2014 06:19 PM
    I had this same problem with my daughter's tablet. After trying many things, my friend told me to do this. Hold the power button on for about a minute then plug it into the wall charger that came with the tablet. This somehow resets the charger port. After trying it a couple of times, it worked!!! Yay me... Good luck.
    05-10-2014 10:21 PM
    I had this same problem with my daughter's tablet. After trying many things, my friend told me to do this. Hold the power button on for about a minute then plug it into the wall charger that came with the tablet. This somehow resets the charger port. After trying it a couple of times, it worked!!! Yay me... Good luck.
    Thanks
    05-21-2014 11:59 PM
    Found this thread after having the same issue as the OP. Shipped the tab to a service centre and it came back ok; holds a charge at least. I left the tab at 36% last night when I closed all apps, and locked it. This morning it was dead. Is this typical lifespan for this thing? Using up 36% just being locked/idle?
    05-22-2014 09:48 PM
    So mine stopped charging and I never let it die. It said it was charging but stayed at 44% so I was trippin. Then I read on here where someone said they reset the charger base sorry don't remember who. Anyway, I've had the s4 for about 6 months or more and never had an issue so far. Got the tab 3 about 2 months ago so since I have 2 devices that I use alot I bought a generic charger base that plugs into the wall but has 2 usb ports so I could charge both. I tried everything else so I found the original that came with my tab, plug it in the plugged it into the wall, at this point my tab was off, as soon as it went in the wall my tab came on showing it was at 100% lol friggin weird huh? Well I think thats why they can't replicate it in their labs. They are using their own chargers which is basically telling your tab its reset. So I think now its the charger base and a reset like the guy said in this forum should work and save most a lot of headache hope this helps. Don't use generic chargers!!! Haha
    05-31-2014 03:59 AM
    The battery terminal removal trick worked for me, after a month of not using the tablet (plus sending it to Plano TX to have it checked, but to no avail). Samsung should seriously get their act together.
    06-11-2014 11:58 AM
    I know this makes no sense, but I am getting around these charging issues by charging my Tab 3 while the screen is on and one or more apps are running. Use settings to turn off anything that would time out your screen. Plug in the charger, open an app, don't shut the case, and go away for a couple of hours. Don't know if it will work for others, but it works for me.
    06-12-2014 02:36 AM
    Hi all,

New here just looking and hoping for some support for my Galaxy Tab 3 which all of a sudden will not charge.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

When plugged in and not turned on it shows the symbol (like it's refreshing to find battery level) and then normally obviously the battery shows up displaying the level of my charge, but on my tab it doesn't the screen goes black and nothing happens. Then when the tab is turned on an i plug it in nothing happens screen doesn't brighten nor does it acknowledge it's charging.

It has worked fine until i tried to charge it this evening, no indication before that anything is wrong. I've tried to reset it by holding the power key and volume key but nothing, just restarts and still won't charge.

Has anyone else had this problem or know of anyway to resolve it.

Again any help you could provide would be appreciated, thanks for you time.
    06-17-2014 12:49 PM
    mines is the same also
    06-27-2014 03:29 PM
    The same problem with my new tap3,I googled for the problem and tried many ways to wake it up even i opend the cover and unpluged the battery then wait for 1minutes and i connected it again , but nothing new the same thing ,my tap is dead until now,

I hope anyone can help me
    07-05-2014 05:04 PM
127 12345 ...