Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.8.0 - Change Bookmark Order

jestl

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I've got a new Galaxy Tab 3.8.0 and it is my 1st Android device. So just learning and working my way through operations.

First thing is I cannot get Bookmarks kept in desired order. While in Bookmarks I do Edit (pencil), and the symbol changes to a bar that has arrows going off all corners. If I touch and hold that symbol popup it says Change Order. I can then touch, hold and move a bookmark but cannot get it to say in new location. I'm missing something simple?

Thanks...

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
You touch and hold the little square with the rows of smaller blue squares and move it to where you you want it.

jestl

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, brosco. I had tried that before and could not get an item to move at all. When I read your response I went back in and tried again with thye same results. This time I continued to try moving with the squares and finally got one to move and stay in position. Had about 10 to move and it took me about twenty minutes. Some moved on first attempt and others required many attempts before they would move. They are all done for now.

Don't know if that's me or the screen but it's aggravating. Have noticed when on a web page touching some links require multiple trys.

Thanks again...

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
its not you or your tablet, trust me. mine is the same way, especially when rearranging the bookmarks. they just don't seem to want to move easy.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, brosco. I had tried that before and could not get an item to move at all. When I read your response I went back in and tried again with thye same results. This time I continued to try moving with the squares and finally got one to move and stay in position. Had about 10 to move and it took me about twenty minutes. Some moved on first attempt and others required many attempts before they would move. They are all done for now.

Don't know if that's me or the screen but it's aggravating. Have noticed when on a web page touching some links require multiple trys.

Thanks again...

Most touch screens depend on the conductivity of your skin, if your fingers are to dry it won't register the touch.
As I've gotten older (wait, not older, just more experienced) it becomes more of a problem.
Lick your finger tip, (gross) or use a stylus.

jestl

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Most touch screens depend on the conductivity of your skin, if your fingers are to dry it won't register the touch.
As I've gotten older (wait, not older, just more experienced) it becomes more of a problem.
Lick your finger tip, (gross) or use a stylus.
We've ordered a stylus and will remember the wet suggestion. Don't want to talk about age!
Thanks!

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
You could keep a little wet sponge on your desk to moisten your fingertips every once in a while like they use in the post office. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smuglur