Hello Android Community,

I have a Sprint Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7" (model SM-T217S). I forgot to charge it one night and it died. The next morning I woke up and began to charge it and when I turned it on the tablet the screen is unresponsive. I have tried everything to try and fix it. I did all the restarts and what not. Thankfully I've had it for less than two months and it is still under warranty. However, I would like to get some files off of it (pictures, roms, and other files). Unfortunately, when i plug the USB into my laptop no filed are showing up (I think it's because it's not connected as a media device). Is there way to manually change it to set it as a media device or another way to transfer these files to my laptop?

Open to any suggestions so long as it won't void the warranty. Thanks in advance.
    01-03-2014 12:49 PM
    Did you by any chance do a factory reset? Because, if you did, that wipes out everything from your tablet

You could try plugging it in via Kies...
    01-03-2014 12:56 PM
    That's the only thing I did not do to try and fix it. I wanted to try and avoid that until I got the files I needed off of it. I was thinking of that. Do I need to set it up on the tab to work or can I just connect it if I set up on my laptop? I'll see what I can do with it now.
    01-03-2014 01:25 PM
    Yeah, try to save the files before you do a factory reset hehe. If you install Kies and then plug your phone in, it should recognize it and shouldn't need interaction with the phone (unless you have a secure PIN; then I think you need to unlock the phone for Kies to work, but I might be wrong, I've never used a secure lockscreen).
    01-03-2014 03:39 PM
    Yeah, try to save the files before you do a factory reset hehe. If you install Kies and then plug your phone in, it should recognize it and shouldn't need interaction with the phone (unless you have a secure PIN; then I think you need to unlock the phone for Kies to work, but I might be wrong, I've never used a secure lockscreen).
    Yeah, I've just tried and mine does require a pin. I think I'm all out of luck here.
    01-03-2014 03:58 PM
    I'm sure there's a way to maybe access the files BEFORE the OS runs (through recovery and probably a command line in your PC), unfortunately, I'm not that experienced and cannot help you with that and I'm pretty sure you'd need warranty-voiding root to do that, but it's worth the try...

PS: You should ask, too, if there's a way for Samsung to back up your tablet BEFORE attempting repair.
    01-03-2014 06:34 PM
    Just out of curiosity (and maybe to pitch in ideas if they come up), what exactly have you tried to 'bring it back'?
    01-03-2014 06:36 PM