Connecting SD card from camera to Tab 3

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
My friend has a GT-P5210 and would like to transfer photos from her digital camera which uses an SD HC card directly to her Tab 3. I suggested that she gets the following:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/aLLreli-Cam...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3411182

Although the supported devices don't mention the Tab 3, one of the reviewers said that they have used it to transfer files from their laptop/phone to their Tab 3.

Anyway, I can't seem to get it working so was wondering if I need to get a 30 pin female to microusb adapter in order for it to work.

Would something like this work:
30 Pin Female to Micro USB Male | eBay

If not, is there any other way for her to transfer files directly from her camera's SD card to her Tab 3 without having to copy to a laptop/pc or using a microsd card in an SD adapter?

Thanks for any help.

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Some progress...

Managed to connect the SD card to the Tab 3 using the female USB to microUSB adapter which was included with an SD to USB adapter. Seems that problem is resolved.

However, would it still be possible to use multi-function OTG connecton device (first link above) with the tab 3 if I do get a 30 pin to female microUSB adapter (second link in first post)?

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Some progress...

Managed to connect the SD card to the Tab 3 using the female USB to microUSB adapter which was included with an SD to USB adapter. Seems that problem is resolved.

However, would it still be possible to use multi-function OTG connecton device (first link above) with the tab 3 if I do get a 30 pin to female microUSB adapter (second link in first post)?

Isn't she using a Samsung a Tab3 ? You should be able to use an OTG cable and any USB card reader.
Unless the 10" is different from my Tab3 8" , this is what I do all the time.

I wasn't aware the Tab 3 10.1 still used the 30 pin connector.

This is the combination I use with my Tab 3 8.0 for transferring photos from camera

Amazon.com : eForCity SDHC / SD / MMC Memory Card Reader to USB 2.0 Adapter, Smoke : Multi Format Card Readers : Computers & Accessories

http://www.amazon.com/SANOXY®-Right...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3412021

As soon as the combination of card reader and OTG cable is plugged in the Samsung My File app opens with the card listed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech