Find downloaded Movie and move to SD Card

Jake2014

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I redeemed a Digital copy of a movie disk that I purchased. That worked fine and I was able to download it to my device by going to "My Movies". I can see the movie title and play it. However, I would like to move it to the installed SD card instead. However, I cannot find the movie anywhere using the "My Files" Explorer. Anyone know what I need to do in order to find the movie file on my tablet in order to transfer to the SD card? I am down to 5 GB on my tab while I have 29 GB on my SD Card. Thanks in advance!

Jake.

P.S~ I cant imagine this is hard. But I am an IT guy and I couldn't figure it out!:-\

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
WHAT application did you use to buy the movie?

It may be storing the footage in an application protected area.

You could download Astro, and use its disk allocation sorting to narrow down what part of the storage is big enough to contain the movie you are looking for. If the market app is using some ciphered container you may have trouble playing the movie from other locations or on other devices. Barring DLNA maybe.

And which device, how much internal storage you got?

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I redeemed a Digital copy of a movie disk that I purchased. That worked fine and I was able to download it to my device by going to "My Movies". I can see the movie title and play it. However, I would like to move it to the installed SD card instead. However, I cannot find the movie anywhere using the "My Files" Explorer. Anyone know what I need to do in order to find the movie file on my tablet in order to transfer to the SD card? I am down to 5 GB on my tab while I have 29 GB on my SD Card. Thanks in advance!

Jake.

P.S~ I cant imagine this is hard. But I am an IT guy and I couldn't figure it out!:-\

You may have to change the settings on your file manager to show hidden files. I know that movies dl'd from Samsung get saved in a hidden folder named .samsungvideohub. Whatever you used to redeem the file for your movie may store it similarly in a hidden folder

epsato

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
The file's attached to the app. Since the app can't be moved to the external SD card, you're pretty much screwed until Samsung updates the 4.1.2 OS.

Please call Samsung to complain. They aren't going to do anything until we flood them with complaints about this glaring storage issue that they refuse to address.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma